IGNORED

Your Bear Hunting Pictures Posted on Ramapough Conservancy FB Page

Ms Grit

Here's a link to their FB page where they posted pictures, looks like taken from here, and allowed the anti's to run rampant with their comments.  Through a message to them, I requested they remove my photo and video which they did.  If you do not want your pictures on their fb page, they told me any one of us could message them and request our photo be removed.

https://www.facebook.com/search/photos/?q=ramapough%20conservancy

Edited by Ms Grit

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

If you read the comments, they point out that guys license plate. If you read further down , one crazy woman goes so far as to threaten him with an arrow. That seems like an arrestable threat. People have the right to protest, no problem. But threatening someone with violence is going to far. Would be cool if that hunter had the threat maker locked up.

If you read further down , one crazy woman goes so far as to threaten him with an arrow. That seems like an arrestable threat. People have the right to protest, no problem. But threatening someone with violence is going to far. Would be cool if that hunter had the threat maker locked up.

There is a fine line between First Amendment speech and threats.  A judge (or jury) need to be able to say that the threat was something that could be carried out.

For example, "I hope you get killed by an arrow" is protected speech.  "I am going to kill you with an arrow" may be a threat, but if this person is in another state and does not and has never owned any archery equipment, then the threat is not "reasonable" and the speech is protected speech.

That's why antis get away with their terrible threats and hate speech.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Thanks for posting this Robin. I could not help but to respond to some of the posts under my photo. I may of made a mistake in responding , but oh well !

I responded to some as well, but was able to request they remove all pictures and subsequent content and they did.  They also messaged me that if anyone else wanted their picture and comments removed, they just needed to text them a request.

NRA Life Member

UBNJ Member

Since they are a non-profit organization, there are some legalities for which they should not be posting anything for political persuasion, including our photos and allowing the comments that have been made. When brought to their attention, they offered to remove the pictures and told me to let me "friends" know that if they wanted their photos removed as well, all that had to be done was to send them a FB message.

NRA Life Member

UBNJ Member

Wow, they are a bunch of loons.  And this is to be expected by a rich bunch of anti-science liberals.  They "claim" to have science backing up their position, which is clearly a political position since the hunt is managed by the government.  They also contradict themselves by talking out of both sides of their mouth.  Out of one side they say the pictures are posted and they remove any profanity and such, however, the comments under the photos and in their own page is laced with profanity and it has been for days.

They are anti-science hypocrites.  I am so glad I am no longer on Facebook because I would be spending an inordinate amount of time demonstrating to them that their political position is not rooted in science, and their organization and its "never change the forest or its ecosystem" advocacy is adversely affecting the forests.  They already admit that the forests they're trying to protect are in disrepair.  Why?  Because their advocacy isn't scientific but rather relies solely in trying to preserve an ever-changing organic system to a single point in time.

These anti-science loons are the worst thing for a healthy ecosystem, and they are too ignorant to acknowledge the damage they're doing.  Hopefully 100 years from now when that forest is nearly dead, my hunting grandchildren will be around to tell them, "I told you so".

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

It is also my understanding that I own the copyright to all my images....buy posting them on a public forum, I give a license to view the images on that forum only.....no other license is granted and certainly not a license to steal images from the forum and post them on another forum for some other purpose....

Edited by Ms Grit

NRA Life Member

UBNJ Member