IGNORED

Pedal's law

Hightech-Redneck

This one has the gates of heaven and either an escalator or the Yellow Brick Road in black and white.

I think I might design some of these new fashionable T-shirts.  Might make some money to contribute to the "new crossbow bolts" fund.

front.jpg

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Just flashed by on news 12 NJ, proposed to ban bear hunting for 5 years and in that time only non-lethal methods to control bears. 

You really cant make this shit up, people are nuts. 

Saw it and posted at 9:34 am  your watching the wrong channel to keep up with current events.  :rofl:

what are with the antis with bear? i never understood why they dont act like this over anything else we hunt. they want to stop all bear hunting for 5 years!? the bear population will explode. there is not enough room here for all these bear. these antis need a lesson in carrying capacity of wildlife. as much as they love the bears, they need to realize that only a certain amount can live healthy in the ecosystem. with no bear hunt you will have disease, sick bears, nuisance bears, car accidents, etc....do the math antis. no bear hunt for 5 years, thats 5 years of cubs for every sow on top of what the population is now. if you really love the bears then you should want a management program to insure the population stays healthy for years to come. 

as for "pedals" ( if it was the bear). that hunter did the bear a favor. the bear was injured. 

The last time this situation got to this level of ridiculousness, varied hunting groups around the state to include UBNJ, TANJ, NJ Sportsmen's etc.....banned together to form the New Jersey Outdoors Alliance, the NJOA....that group and its leadership worked tirelessly for over a year to foster a positive view of hunting in NJ, they stopped dead in its tracks the bill that was advanced out of committee to add animal rights activists to the fish & game counsel, and actually forced the sponsor of the bill out of office in the very next election (anyone remember Mr. Panter?) They then worked further to help pass Sunday bow, and the reduction of the bow safety zone...as well as countless pro fishing initiatives......

A rift eventually formed that dealt primarily with 2nd Amendment issues. The NJOA supported candidates whom supported hunting and fishing opportunities in NJ regardless of where they stood on 2nd Amendment issues....and a lot of guys and gals out there could not see a disconnect between hunting and the second amendment.   Thus there was a lot of infighting because the NJOA supported candidates that also happened to favor certain levels of gun control despite their pro hunting positions.

Unity in cause is what it takes....and infighting results in disunity and weakness. The NJOA is still around and still working hard....You may way to venture their way and show some support:

http://njoutdooralliance.org/

Bull shit. The politicians knew it would split. If you are for the 2nd then huntingling should follow.

NJOA still hasn't done the right to hunt in NJ. A promise said at my old Club.

And just because something is reserved for open space doesn't mean you can hunt.

Good luck hunting with a stick as long as Sweeney is in office.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I received a nice response back From NJDFW on my follow NY suggestion. The only way to exhaust our opposition is to stretch their resources. They have to work to live. They can't protest for four months. Also allowing a long hunt will diminish the media coverage. As long as hunters do not draw negative attention, bear hunting can continue for future generations.

Edited by NorthJerseyMike

"God bless America and the 2nd Amendment!" 

www.NorthJerseyMike.com

UBNJ Member

OLM Knights of Columbus, Kinnelon, NJ

Take a few minutes to write

start here:

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/SelectMun.asp

Select your municipality, check off your representatives, and fill out the form.  It takes all of 2 minutes. 

This is what I wrote, info from NJOA, feel free to copy/paste/modify as you like

I oppose A-3527 and AR-127. New Jersey has a healthy and expanding population of black bears centered in the northwest corner of the state. Population estimates place the current numbers between 2,600 and 3,000 bears. New Jersey has one of the highest densities of black bears per square mile in the United States. Without a sustained harvest of bears there is no other current way to control this population. While education should always be an important component in any bear plan, education alone does nothing to reduce bear/human interactions. The expansion of the 2016 bear season was instituted to allow the harvest of bears before they started to enter dens for the winter thus exposing a greater portion of the population to possible harvest.

If we look at the list of sponsors and co-sponsors of these two pieces of legislation the first thing that one notices is that there is no bear hunting in any of their districts because they are not part of the current bear management zones established by the Division of Fish and Wildlife. What it appears is that a group of animal rights legislators who have no idea about sound management of wildlife is are attempting to impose legislation on the rest of the state, that if passed, will place our citizens in harms way of an ever expanding population of black bears.
I vote and will be following your positions on these two pieces of legislation.  I have a long memory that will extend to the elections in 2017.
Thank you

You can't shoot them from the couch.