IGNORED

Looking for a plumber - Central NJ

newjerseyhunter

Not so much... he barely let me get the details out before he started recommending that I not go with a tankless!

I went with a Navien boiler/on demand hot water heater. Tankless set up. Less than 12 months, the unit had to be replaced. Less than 12 months later, the second unit was trashed. I got Navien to install a newer design the third time. Three years later we are still ok, but my level of trust is super low. Seems ok so far though. Third time is the charm?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

- Mack

I got one of these (yes, off of Amazon) last year.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0084CPDFS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rheem tankless water heater.  I have baseboard and a boiler for this, so this is just for the water out of the faucet.  I could not be happier with the unit.  My old water heater tank died so we decided to replace it with this.  I have three women in the house, and I never run out of hot water.  Ever.

I had a plumber install this, and it took about a day for him to do it with the venting.  Small footprint, much smaller than a tank heater.  And my natural gas bill is half of what is normally is during the summer.  Only heats water when it's flowing.

So I had a good experience with them, and I trust the Rheem brand.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.