• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Pledge of Allegiance

49 replies to this topic

#1 Male OFFLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,242 posts

Posted 02/09/13 - 10:32 AM

DBuck, who taught you the pledge of allegiance?

#2 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02/09/13 - 11:04 AM

DBuck, who taught you the pledge of allegiance?

History ;)
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

#3 Male OFFLINE   bushden

bushden

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 02/12/13 - 07:58 PM

Great video

"YOUR VERSION OF THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE IS INCORRECT. ! ! ! UNDER GOD should not be forgotten.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

#4 OFFLINE   Pathman

Pathman

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02/12/13 - 08:13 PM

"YOUR VERSION OF THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE IS INCORRECT. ! ! ! UNDER GOD should not be forgotten."

Can't figure out how to use the quote feature, but I agree with Bushden, if you're not going to post our pledge correctly, dont post it at all.

#5 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 05:47 AM

She's hot.....Pretty face...

Now the personal preference critique....

No hips.
Little badunkadunk
Great legs

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for reading Cosmo

:hijack:

Great video

"YOUR VERSION OF THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE IS INCORRECT. ! ! ! UNDER GOD should not be forgotten.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

"YOUR VERSION OF THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE IS INCORRECT. ! ! ! UNDER GOD should not be forgotten."

Can't figure out how to use the quote feature, but I agree with Bushden, if you're not going to post our pledge correctly, dont post it at all.

Sorry gentlemen but I don't believe in God,when I recite the the Pledge I leave out "under god". Don't try to cram your mythical beliefs down my throat, I don't try to cram atheism down yours. This is a free country to believe what you want,and you should be able to without any repercussions. There's no proof that there's a god,and unless I see IT with my own eyes I will continue to not believe. Before you think I am not educated about God, Jesus Christ and all the other fairy tales,I was raised Catholic,was Baptized,went to church every Sunday,went through all years of CCD,received first communion and was confirmed. I made my own decision and will stick to it. Believe in what you believe

And FYI..The phrase "under God" was incorporated into the Pledge of Allegiance June 14, 1954,which means that some of your parents and all of your grandparents were taught the Pledge without "under god" in it
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

#6 OFFLINE   Pathman

Pathman

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 07:48 AM

Dbuck, its not about cramming anything anywhere, its about respect. Because you don't like the president of the U.S., and you got to meet him, would you call him something other than Mr. President?
If you met the pope, would you address him as anything other than your eminence (if that's the right title) same for a general in the military, you wouldn't say "hey soldier" would you?
Point being, just like there's respect for an office, there's a degree of respect givin for certain documents, flags, anthems, and titles.
To disrespect those things is just that... Disrespectful. I guess you missed that lesson in catholic school...

#7 OFFLINE   toxo

toxo

Fawn

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 10:42 AM

Dbuck,
Should we really care if you believe in God or Not?
There is no need for this on NJFNG,your posting that signature just to start controversy.
Join NJH...........

#8 Male OFFLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,242 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 10:59 AM

Sorry gentlemen but I don't believe in God

Contrary to what many people think, reality is not affected by what we believe.

Dr. Werner Gitt, the former director of the German Federal Institute of Physics and Technology, shows in his book “In the Beginning Was Information” that life could not exist without a creator.

Life cannot exist without DNA. And DNA is not some random molecule that could ever come about by random chance. DNA is a Language/Code system and it contains unimaginable amounts of information for every kind of living thing. The amount of information stored in one of your cells would fill 1,000 books that were 500 pages each. Dr. Gitt shows that information only comes from information, and that language/code systems are always the result of an intelligent source.

Life cannot exist without DNA, and DNA cannot exist without an intelligent creator.

#9 Male OFFLINE   DV1

DV1

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 11:36 AM

DBuck, while I don't agree with your opinion, I support your right to stand fast by it.

In that light, since you refute all things "God" or with "God" in them, I will take all your cash off your hands now. I'll PM you the address to send it to. Oh, by the way, if you are using that money to better your life, you would be just a bit hypocrtical, don't ya think. :up:

Changing the Pledge just because you don't agree with every word is tantamount to defacing it. It would be no different than saying you don't like the color red, so you re-paint the American flag and fly your version, and think you have done nothing wrong.

It is like a President saying he doesn't believe in the Second Amendment, so he is going to ignore/omit that part of the Constitution, that would be wrong too...right??? or are you an Obama supporter?

I don't try to cram atheism down yours

Posting your version of the Pledge for all to see, without God, as it is written, IS cramming your beliefs down our throats and I believe that is exactly why you have done it.
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

#10 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 03:17 PM

Dbuck, its not about cramming anything anywhere, its about respect. Because you don't like the president of the U.S., and you got to meet him, would you call him something other than Mr. President?
If you met the pope, would you address him as anything other than your eminence (if that's the right title) same for a general in the military, you wouldn't say "hey soldier" would you?
Point being, just like there's respect for an office, there's a degree of respect givin for certain documents, flags, anthems, and titles.
To disrespect those things is just that... Disrespectful. I guess you missed that lesson in catholic school...

Just to be clear, I didn't go to Catholic school. If I met any of those people that you you mentioned I would treat them with respect and call them by their proper surname,there's one big difference though,those people exist, in my eyes a God does not. If he/she/it appeared in front of me and proved their existence then I would show the proper respect. Same goes with Santa Claus,the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy. Isn't it funny how 2 of the 3 replace the Christianity value of their holidays? Hmmm.. I wonder why that is.

Contrary to what many people think, reality is not affected by what we believe.

Dr. Werner Gitt, the former director of the German Federal Institute of Physics and Technology, shows in his book “In the Beginning Was Information” that life could not exist without a creator.

Life cannot exist without DNA. And DNA is not some random molecule that could ever come about by random chance. DNA is a Language/Code system and it contains unimaginable amounts of information for every kind of living thing. The amount of information stored in one of your cells would fill 1,000 books that were 500 pages each. Dr. Gitt shows that information only comes from information, and that language/code systems are always the result of an intelligent source.

Life cannot exist without DNA, and DNA cannot exist without an intelligent creator.

Ohhh someone wrote a book about it,so that THEORY must be true,since everything in books are real then I'm silly to think that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is fictional. There's many books out there on theories that god doesn't exist also.. So who do you believe? You believe what your heart tells you to believe.

DBuck, while I don't agree with your opinion, I support your right to stand fast by it.

In that light, since you refute all things "God" or with "God" in them, I will take all your cash off your hands now. I'll PM you the address to send it to. Oh, by the way, if you are using that money to better your life, you would be just a bit hypocrtical, don't ya think. :up:

Changing the Pledge just because you don't agree with every word is tantamount to defacing it. It would be no different than saying you don't like the color red, so you re-paint the American flag and fly your version, and think you have done nothing wrong.

It is like a President saying he doesn't believe in the Second Amendment, so he is going to ignore/omit that part of the Constitution, that would be wrong too...right??? or are you an Obama supporter?

Posting your version of the Pledge for all to see, without God, as it is written, IS cramming your beliefs down our throats and I believe that is exactly why you have done it.

Hypocritical? Not at all. If it was my decision to put it on currency then that would be hypocritical. But I'll play your little game.I will send you all my money and valuables that has "In God We Trust" on it,in turn, you send me all your valuables,natural or man made that doesn't have it stamped on it,ok? After all, if you're using any of that stuff to better your life then that would be hypocritical of you. When they mine precious metals from the Earth, is it stamped with "In God We Trust"? So send me all your gold,silver and diamonds.While your at it,send me your vehicle and anything else that doesn't have it stamped on it,since these items go against your beliefs and are helping you better your life.

You say that you're against me changing the Pledge because I don't agree with every word well here's the original pledge..
I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

So if you're against changing original documents,then why do you support the change that was made to the Pledge of Allegiance? Supporting this would be VERY hypocritical,right? So in retrospect,my version is not cramming my beliefs down any ones throat,just as if you posted the modern version wouldn't be considered to be either. And no... I'm not an Obama supporter,and since he mentions God in his speeches,I take it that you are.

You know what else is hypocritical? The fact that everyone speaks about enforcing the 2nd amendment but challenges anyone on the 1st amendment when it doesn't suit their likability,can of odd don't you think?
Dbuck,
Should we really care if you believe in God or Not?
There is no need for this on NJFNG,your posting that signature just to start controversy.
Join NJH...........

No,absolutely not,you should not care,so why do you? And I didn't post it to start controversy,but to let people know my stand in a round about way.
If you want to question controversy,maybe you should ask the mod or admin why the felt compelled to start a thread about this,and why they re-posted posts from other threads. I would kind of like to know the answer myself,maybe they will answer without actually being "challenged" on it.

#11 Male OFFLINE   DV1

DV1

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 03:30 PM

Would be easy to tear apart your post but I promised I wouldn't get drawn into a controversy so I will leave it alone, and leave you with this:
Good luck in life and you better hope (since you don't pray) you are correct because if you're not, you have eternity to suffer for your mistake. :happywave:
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

#12 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 03:37 PM

Would be easy to tear apart your post but I promised I wouldn't get drawn into a controversy so I will leave it alone, and leave you with this:
Good luck in life and you better hope (since you don't pray) you are correct because if you're not, you have eternity to suffer for your mistake. :happywave:

Well if you change your mind,give it a whirl,I love hypocrisy, even if you choose to do it via PM. If I am wrong then I should be alright,after all god is so forgiving of his/her/its little flock of sheep. ;)

#13 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 04:12 PM

Man Tim, if only you could write as much as you did two posts ago on a hunting/fishing related topic, we'd be in business! :bulb: :praying:

#14 OFFLINE   Pathman

Pathman

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 04:14 PM

eyes I will continue to not believe. Before you think I am not educated about God, Jesus Christ and all the other fairy tales,I was raised Catholic,was Baptized,went to church every Sunday,went through all years of CCD,received first communion and was confirmed. I made my own decision and will stick to it. Believe in what you believe

Ok buck, to say you didn't attend catholic school, after providing your extensive résumé as to your Catholicism acumen, is a bit disingenuous wouldn't you say?
You obviously have some "catholic school issues" that you can't handle, which are exhibited in your statements.
That's fine, that's your prerogative under our first amendment, but I think the problem people have is, why try to prove your point on a site dedicated to hunting and fishing? You know dam well that the majority of folks on here believe strongly in our country, and our pledge of allegiance to it, and the fact that both are based on God. So I do believe you are making these statements solely for the reactionary value they provide you.
Why not make your point in a forum where that discussion is appropriate and people will actually care about your catholic issues and the fact that it controls your life the way it does?

#15 Male OFFLINE   MikeP

MikeP

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 04:18 PM

Just a friendly reminder.....

NJFNG has a handy feature which allows you to ignore the posts of a member or members. Think of it as your personal Ban Button.

1. Click on the USER CP on the top-left.
2. Scroll down the left navigation bar until you see Buddy/Ignore List
3. In the middle of the page you'll see Edit Ignore List.
4. Add the username of the person you want to ignore and click on Ignore User(s).

Poof they're gone. You will no longer have to see their posts or their signatures.

"A Dog, a Gun and Time Enough"....George Bird Evans

#16 Male OFFLINE   makosnax

makosnax

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 04:38 PM

Isnt freedom of religion what makes this country unique? Let him believe what he wants, its his right.

#17 Male OFFLINE   Palawman30

Palawman30

Owner of PredaTorch.com

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 04:49 PM

Just a friendly reminder.....

NJFNG has a handy feature which allows you to ignore the posts of a member or members. Think of it as your personal Ban Button.

1. Click on the USER CP on the top-left.
2. Scroll down the left navigation bar until you see Buddy/Ignore List
3. In the middle of the page you'll see Edit Ignore List.
4. Add the username of the person you want to ignore and click on Ignore User(s).

Poof they're gone. You will no longer have to see their posts or their signatures.

I love that feature already..I blocked a few known leo haters who have migrated over here to start crap:up:

#18 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 04:53 PM

Man Tim, if only you could write as much as you did two posts ago on a hunting/fishing related topic, we'd be in business! :bulb: :praying:

I could Matt,but there's so many more people on here that's more knowledgeable than me why would I? Challenge a way that I hunt and fish and I will. What is the reasoning behind making a thread about it anyway,seems like you were looking to single me out just so people would call me out on it.Why don't you single out the people that make political posts that have nothing to do with hunting/fishing?

Ok buck, to say you didn't attend catholic school, after providing your extensive résumé as to your Catholicism acumen, is a bit disingenuous wouldn't you say?
You obviously have some "catholic school issues" that you can't handle, which are exhibited in your statements.
That's fine, that's your prerogative under our first amendment, but I think the problem people have is, why try to prove your point on a site dedicated to hunting and fishing? You know dam well that the majority of folks on here believe strongly in our country, and our pledge of allegiance to it, and the fact that both are based on God. So I do believe you are making these statements solely for the reactionary value they provide you.
Why not make your point in a forum where that discussion is appropriate and people will actually care about your catholic issues and the fact that it controls your life the way it does?

You don't know what you're talking about,and I have no "catholic school issues",what the hell does that even mean?I'd like to know what you're insinuating. CCD is not catholic school.And my atheism does not control my life,too bad the religious freaks can't say the same. If the site is built solely for hunting and fishing then why do they have a lounge for non-hunting/fishing subjects? Why is political crap constantly posted that has nothing to do with hunting/fishing? Why can't they make their point on an appropriate political site where people will actually care about their political issues?

I do love my country and I stand by the ORIGINAL pledge,sorry if god doesn't fit into my equation. I have my reasons for not believing in God,as I'm sure you all have yours for believing

#19 Male ONLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 05:05 PM

My signature says it all. Sums up everything nicely.

US citizens have constitutionally protected rights - but they're only paper protections if they can't be freely exercised.

--BBC News

The right to revolt has sources deep in our history.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Ideas are indeed the most dangerous weapons in the world. Our ideas of freedom are the most powerful political weapons man has ever forged.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

#20 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 02/13/13 - 05:08 PM

Tim, I single you out because you're reputation precedes you :D
And because the majority of your threads on here are not forum subject matter related.
Granted that's OK to a degree, but it shouldn't be your mainstay here.

More importantly, why does someone need to challenge you in order to get you to interact? Why not share some of your hunting/fishing experiences or ask some questions to become more knowledgeable about things you believe others here are more knowledgeable about. That's a path of learning, and some would argue a better one than simply instigating heated debates/conflicts/arguments on topics that are unrelated to the forum context.

In effect, you are saying you're not an expert in hunting/fishing, so why post about it? Therefore posting in the Lounge predominantly about religion and politics would suggest you feel more knowledgeable about those topics, but this isn't a forum to (exclusively/predominantly) tote that knowledge, that isn't the purpose of the Lounge. The lounge is meant for occasional off topic, non-forum related discussions...which again shouldn't be your exclusive forte here. And you also tend to pick the most controversial of topics that result in the most conflict and negativity in any discussion (religion and politics). Compound that to an online forum versus a face-to-face discussion where, let's face it, 99% of the stuff said on here would never be said...in fact ALL of us that know you in person consider you to be a great, fun, and easy going guy (and brutal blackjack dealer)...which begs the question...why do you even do it? :)

I'm not calling you out as much as I'm calling out the nature of the majority of your posts and how they are contextually irrelative to the forum medium, as well as tend to promote conflict and negativity. That same behavior is what has gotten you banned on other similar forums. I'm only pointing it out because...

A) I don't want to ban you
B) I don't want you to continue doing it exclusively for the sake of getting a rise out of people (which we both know is what you LOVE to do, this isn't your first rodeo) :D

Don't drag this forum into that same gutter others have been, it's not what we want it to be about here. Healthy discussion over differing opinions is one thing, but making your existence on here about that and ONLY that is something else...and 99% of the time it's NOT even related to the forum context and subject matter! That makes it even worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users