IGNORED

Veterans Memorial Statue to be removed in Roselle Park

MRMCR

The Memorial shows a soldier kneeling over a grave marked by a cross and a group who call themselves humanists have threatened to sue...so the Roselle Park Mayor will have it removed.......WHAT A DISGRACE......THE HUMANIST GROUP ARE PURE SCUMBAGS....AND THE MAYOR IS JUST AS BAD.....anyway just venting.....and hey if Roselle Park wants to place that statue on my lawn or at my commercial building I will be glad to honor the Veterans......... 

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

Where are all the veterans and people in the town ?

Get them together and notify the papers and go to the town hall and town meetings.

Make the town committee voice their opinions in public.

Fight the bastards.

I did something similar, on a different issue,  where I live and we prevailed.

They don't like to be challenged in public and have to state their opinions.

AND, remind them elections are next month ! ! ! !

Edited by RPK0620

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

UGH!  I hate people like this.  This is the text of a portion of their lawsuit and it infuriates me!  These are a bunch of butthurt liberals who are fragile snowflakes and can't manage their own emotions like adults, so they throw a toddler-like tantrum to get their way.  If I were the mayor, I would be fighting this all the way to the SCOTUS.  These people have no legal standing and usually when the cases are appealed, they are overturned.  They only go after small towns because they tend to back down and give the toddlers their way.

This is the butthurt section of their complaint:

"Due to the placement of the Cross Display outside the entrance to the Library, Mr. Storey and Councilwoman Storey believe it cannot be ignored or overlooked. Its location clearly makes it the property of and a statement by the Borough government. Mr. Storey and Councilwoman Storey believe that the Cross Display associates a Christian religious symbol with the Borough and gives the impression that the Borough supports and approves of Christianity, as opposed to other religions, and that the Borough prefers Christians and Christianity over other religions. As non-Christians, Mr. Storey and Councilwoman Storey are personally offended and feel excluded by this governmental message. They oppose this appearance of governmental favoritism for religion and for a particular religion, Christianity. "

Full text here.  A fascinating read and complete distortion of our Constitutional rights.

http://aha-files.s3.amazonaws.com/2/8e/8/6073/RoselleParkNJCross_Complaint.pdf

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

"Due to the placement of the Cross Display outside the entrance to the Library, Mr. Storey and Councilwoman Storey believe it cannot be ignored or overlooked. Its location clearly makes it the property of and a statement by the Borough government. Mr. Storey and Councilwoman Storey believe that the Cross Display associates a Christian religious symbol with the Borough and gives the impression that the Borough supports and approves of Christianity, as opposed to other religions, and that the Borough prefers Christians and Christianity over other religions. As non-Christians, Mr. Storey and Councilwoman Storey are personally offended and feel excluded by this governmental message. They oppose this appearance of governmental favoritism for religion and for a particular religion, Christianity. "

Full text here.  A fascinating read and complete distortion of our Constitutional rights.

http://aha-files.s3.amazonaws.com/2/8e/8/6073/RoselleParkNJCross_Complaint.pdf

They should be forced to forfeit any paper money they have, or else be charged with defrauding the Courts. If they are so offended by the symbol of Christianity that they cannot tolerate it by the Library, they cannot possibly be any less offended using US currency with "In God we trust on it". If they refuse to either drop their case, or forfeit their money, they should be charged immediately and if not, the towns people should form a lynch mob and beat them senseless for wasting the Courts' time and taxpayer dollars. 

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

They should be forced to forfeit any paper money they have, or else be charged with defrauding the Courts. If they are so offended by the symbol of Christianity that they cannot tolerate it by the Library, they cannot possibly be any less offended using US currency with "In God we trust on it". If they refuse to either drop their case, or forfeit their money, they should be charged immediately and if not, the towns people should form a lynch mob and beat them senseless for wasting the Courts' time and taxpayer dollars. 

Oh, they've publicly stated that their intention is to remove that too.

Their defense is built on three basic premises:  1)  First Amendment free speech and the distorted interpretation that this also justifies the separation of church and state, 2) the 14th Amendment clause for equal protection under the law, which again is a gross misuse of this amendment, and 3) separation of church and state as I referenced in #1 but more so as something that actually exists.

Their contention is that if the state displays anything religious, it is an unequivocal endorsement of one religion over another and shows the government playing favorites over which religions are tops.  The reason all of this falls apart is that they, the "offended" are not what are considered objective observers.  They are offended by their own admitted observations (says so right in their lawsuit).  Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from being offended.

The 14th amendment argument is meant to defuse what I said about not being offended.  Equal treatment under the law is being used to say that since they are offended by a religious display on government property, it's an undue burden they have to suffer, which is not equal treatment under the law.  It's also the justification for hate speech laws, which are unconstitutional because they violate the first amendment.  Liberals use the 14th Amendment to usurp the 1st Amendment all the time, and it is an improper use of the law.  The 14th Amendment was historically put in place (with a ton of controversy around it, neat history) to prevent retaliation against freed slaves.  Now it's used to quash free speech.

And finally, there is no such thing as the separation of church and state.  There is no law that states that...anywhere.  It is a contrived liberal anti-religion phrase with no legal context.  And history says it's quite the contrary.  The country was founded with the tenant of religious freedom (not freedom from religion).  And since we are a secular nation, the government is compelled to acknowledge religion and the right to publicly and privately practice religion.  That's what happens in a secular society, and we were founded as one.

Additionally, the government serves at the will of the people (it's right in the US Constitution itself).  And the majority of the citizens have some form of religion, so therefore, there is a majority will to practice religion in the government itself.

I am not a religious person by a long stretch, but I firmly believe in the ideals of our founding fathers.  There are many, many sacred things in the US Constitution and many, many people much, much smarter than me ratified that document and the subsequent bill of rights.  So although I may not be religious, I am deeply offended and provoked by anyone who attempts to pervert our rights to restrict the freedoms of others.  And that's what's got the hair on the back of my neck raised over this issue.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I"ll be sending a letter to the Mayor of Roselle Park and explaining why I will be boycotting the town.....I live 2 towns over and dont go there often, but do frequent a restaurant in the town and told the Mrs. we wont be going there anymore......and sorry to get you guys all riled up....but as Alice Cooper sang " No more Mr. nice guy".....and Michael Douglas said in a movie " I am mad as hell and not going to take it anymore ".............