• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

How do you carry climber with a backpack?

34 replies to this topic

#21 Male OFFLINE   Hitemnasty

Hitemnasty

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10/04/16 - 02:39 PM

I use surplus molle straps and belt for my climber and attach my pack with a snap on the top and use the belt on the pack to wrap around the stand so the bottom of the pack doesn't bounce around. Quick and quiet, the molle system really helps much more than basic straps for those longer hikes.

Attached Images

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

Edited by Hitemnasty, 10/04/16 - 02:42 PM.

• Like x 1
  • List

#22 Male ONLINE   JHbowhunter

JHbowhunter

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 10/04/16 - 03:24 PM

Hitemnasty - that's looks great... Will be looking into that as well. For now just ordered some LoneWolf straps for my LoneWolf, and will bungee my pack to stand, and also will use the top of bag clip to keep it from sliding down.  Great idea  - I was gonna use a carabiner but that would make noise.

#23 OFFLINE   jerseyhunter

jerseyhunter

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 10/04/16 - 06:42 PM

I was gonna use a carabiner but that would make noise.

not if you wrap it with electrical tape.

• Agree x 1
  • List

#24 Male OFFLINE   NJSOG

NJSOG

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 10/04/16 - 10:50 PM

My Summit Viper has shoulder straps to carry it. Then I bungee cord the pack to the stand frame. I carry extra warm gear out side and over the to of the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like x 1
  • List

#25 Male OFFLINE   Silver Belly62

Silver Belly62

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 10/05/16 - 06:43 AM

I have two different packs I use with mine, depending on the hunt. If I'm hunting all day I have a Badlands Pursuit pack that has lashing straps on the sides. I set the pack inside the bungee and let it rest on the stirrups and take those lashing straps and wrap around the stands side bars to help keep it tight and quiet. If I'm just hunting a morning or afternoon I have a large Cabelas fanny pack that I wrap around those same side bars and cinch up tight which again keeps everything tight and quiet. Has worked well for me

#26 Male OFFLINE   MackofallTrades

MackofallTrades

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 10/08/16 - 03:05 PM

Backpack straps on the climber and I sling my backpack across the front of me, one strap only like a sling.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  • Like x 1
  • List

- Mack

#27 Male OFFLINE   smoking gun

smoking gun

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,576 posts

Posted 10/08/16 - 08:11 PM

i dont carry anything in the woods anymore just a bow and a climber if im using one that day but when i hunted muzzleloader and up north for bear id carry the backpack on my chest like a parachute and the stand on my back.if i was gonna hunt the area again in the am id leave the stand there overnight
  • Like x 1
  • List

#28 OFFLINE   Nomad

Nomad

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 10/08/16 - 09:15 PM

My pack has only on strap.  You put it around your neck and shoulder like a purse.  You put your climber on your back and then just sling your pack on.  It hangs right under my right elbow/side.  I can get stuff out of it while I am walking.  I use it even when I am not carrying a tree stand. Just slide it around to get stuff out without taking it off.  It also has a waist belt that you can also use in conjunction with the strap.  Called a sling pack . Got mine from LL bean , if you don't like it send it back.  Best customer service I have ever encountered.32f38079d1b2c2f30432d240ec469a3f.jpg

Edited by Nomad, 10/08/16 - 09:22 PM.

• Like x 1
  • List

#29 Male OFFLINE   tcook8296

tcook8296

7 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 10/09/16 - 07:00 AM

I've done it every way possible. I usually strap the back pack to the stand and carry. Sometimes one strap on each shoulder and sometimes back pack on back, bow in one hand and stand in the other. The LW packs flat enough, its easy to carry
  • Agree x 1
  • List

#30 Male ONLINE   JHbowhunter

JHbowhunter

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 10/09/16 - 07:29 AM

Tom good to see you on here - please post in the LIVE HUNT sections when  you do Iowa and your Illinois farm, that is something we want to follow!   Big midwestern bucks...

• Agree x 1
  • List

#31 Male OFFLINE   Northjerseyoutdoorsman

Northjerseyoutdoorsman

Fawn

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10/09/16 - 07:42 AM

Packing mine up tonight for next week plan on strapping pack with bungees to the climber. Took straps off my backpacking pack and secured them to the climber. Have a mile to two mile hike in depending on the entrance route I take plan on leaving it there over night so I don't have to carry it back and forth each day. Good luck to anyone going for bear this week.

#32 Male OFFLINE   Farmingdales Finest

Farmingdales Finest

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10/10/16 - 08:20 PM

This is my climber with my backpack and bow strapped to it.

Attached Images

• IMG_1874.JPG

• Like x 2
  • List

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld and Magnus Stinger 100 4 bld , Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Short n Sweet release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

#33 Male OFFLINE   Liv2hunt

Liv2hunt

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 10/10/16 - 09:07 PM

I put a strap on my back pack I wear it like a duffle bag.. My climber on my back and my pack sits right above my left hip.
  • Like x 1
  • List
I Just want to Hunt...

#34 Male OFFLINE   Silver Belly62

Silver Belly62

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 10/24/16 - 03:33 PM

This is my climber with my backpack and bow strapped to it.

:up:  :up:

#35 Male OFFLINE   Russman

Russman

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01/08/17 - 06:17 PM

I use the Nite Eze rubberized gear keepers. The green ones are high viz and pretty visible in the dark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users