IGNORED

How do you carry climber with a backpack?

JHbowhunter

Trying to prep for a good Ohio hunt this year with my climber which I rarely use but it's a good Lone Wolf system. When I use it locally, I generally just carry it in one hand while wearing my usual bowhunting backpack on my shoulders.    I do NOT have shoulder straps to carry the stand (yet).  But that raises a dilemma.  I don't know if it's possible/comfortable to wear and carry both a climbing stand and a backpack together.

To me the ultimate would be a backpack system that allowed the ease of securing your climber as part of the backpack. I suppose I could rig something up to that affect.

Any suggestions?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Do the opposite of your "ultimate backpack system". Get shoulder straps asap and just strap the backpack to your climber. I use a fanny pack or a backpack depending on season, how far of a hike etc. The small pack goes around my waist and on my belly...the backpack gets strapped to the stand.

If you plan on walking very far you can invest in a molle system that adds a kidney belt to the shoulder straps and it really reduces the feel of your actual carrying weight.

Which lone wolf do you have?

Edited by outdoorslife

I have a backpack and a climber.  I used straps to secure it to the backpack and schlepped the whole thing in that way.  If you don't take the time to get the attachment right, you may make a ton of sound clanking into the woods.  So take your time and design it right.

This place makes the best straps.  American made and custom cut with your preferred clasping/attachment mechanism.  Fast turnaround and priced right.

http://www.strapworks.com/default.asp

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Get straps for the climber so it truly is a portable stand. Attach the backpack to the climber and carry as one unit. Or, only carry the essentials and lose the backpack. Most guys carry more crap than they will ever use

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I have the standard LW Hand Climber that I bought last year from a NJH member - works great, and really comfortable and feels safer than any other stand I've used.  I started bowhunting back in 1984 with some super dangerous wooden climber with a slotted band iron strap that was a death trap (and I didn't wear harness).  Had a few scares but managed to hang on!  I didn't use a climber for about 25 years but with this model, no reason not to.

Thanks for the tips, had my stand come with straps, I would probably already have figured out its best to attach the pack to the stand.

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I have the standard LW Hand Climber that I bought last year from a NJH member - works great, and really comfortable and feels safer than any other stand I've used. I started bowhunting back in 1984 with some super dangerous wooden climber with a slotted band iron strap that was a death trap (and I didn't wear harness). Had a few scares but managed to hang on! I didn't use a climber for about 25 years but with this model, no reason not to.

Thanks for the tips, had my stand come with straps, I would probably already have figured out its best to attach the pack to the stand.

No problem Jack. I love using a climber its so easy to adjust stand choice for a certain wind, if I needed a slight adjustment based off of deer movement and for public land carry in carry out, etc...

I just picked up an xop strike force which is basically the equivalent of the stand you have. So far I like it. Ive added a little bit better back pack straps instead of the ones that come with it, lw foot rests and thirdhand man stabilizer straps that are priceless. Plus they help strap in any extra gear, bags, clothes that I may bring late in the season. Im adding a universal bow holder and some paracord to the front of the platform also. Its a nice upgrade from my myles keller climber. Good luck in Ohio!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double post - for some reason it acted like it didn't post.

I had a duplicate as well. It didnt seem like it "took". Yesterday and today this site only appears to be running slow on my computer at work...not my phone though.

Edit: Im back at my desk and its instantly faster. Weird lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by outdoorslife

I have a backpack with a waist belt/strap. I just reverse it and wear it against my chest. The waist strap secures behind my back and pulls it snug. I then carry the stand on my back like usual. The weight of the pack and stand are nice and balanced. Still have 2 hands free to carry bow, balance, etc....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk