IGNORED

Hows everyones season so far

Bone collector 85

Shot my EAB on day two.  Had a good look at a bachelor group one night.  Went out a total of 5 times so far on 2 different properties. I'm still looking for freezer meat so if another nice doe comes my way, I won't think twice about putting her down. If a nice buck comes my way, then I'm obviously putting him down too.  I just haven't had a crack at one yet   

Keep shooting those does,the herds aren't being destroyed enough.

With all due respect I think I can speak for many of us here. There are places that I will absolutely never shoot a doe until these areas bounce back. Areas that are definitely hurting bad. I understand your concern, trust me. However, there are some areas that are extremely populated still. In my case, one little private piece I was given permission to hunt this past year, there are TONS of does walking around all day long. When I parked at the end of the land owners driveway waiting for him to show me around, I counted 6 including one piebald, in 10 minutes. Other areas you might not see 1 in 10 days. I have faith that many of our hunters, of course not all, have the knowledge to decipher where to take does from and where to let them walk/rebound. Of course this is for another topic/thread, but my findings constantly show there needs to be seperate regulations/limits for private vs public. Good luck to you this season dbuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by outdoorslife

With all due respect I think I can speak for many of us here. There are places that I will absolutely never shoot a doe until these areas bounce back. Areas that are definitely hurting bad. I understand your concern, trust me. However, there are some areas that are extremely populated still. In my case, one little private piece I was given permission to hunt this past year, there are TONS of does walking around all day long. When I parked at the end of the land owners driveway waiting for him to show me around, I counted 6 including one piebald, in 10 minutes. Other areas you might not see 1 in 10 days. I have faith that many of our hunters, of course not all, have the knowledge to decipher where to take does from and where to let them walk/rebound. Of course this is for another topic/thread, but my findings constantly show there needs to be seperate regulations/limits for private vs public. Good luck to you this season dbuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.  I won't pluck a doe out of an area that is decimated, but I won't think twice about shooting 1 or 2 off of some private pieces or less hunted areas where I see boatloads of does walking around every time I hunt

I'm leaving Tuesday afternoon for a 3 day hunt in the ADK's.  If I get something it will be my first.  I'm excited and anxious.

Family is coming up Friday afternoon for the long weekend.  So, regardless, it will be a good trip.  

Congrats to all with a successful season so far and good luck to the rest of us.

I used to be "Topher"

• 2 weeks later...