• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Hows everyones season so far

49 replies to this topic

#21 Male OFFLINE   DRBetz

DRBetz

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 04:08 PM

I've got a few spots all ready to go, but I haven't gotten out yet.  It looks like Saturday should be my first sit, and I plan on being picky for the first few weeks.

#22 Male OFFLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,430 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 04:30 PM

I'm waiting for October, I like cooler temps. 

• Agree x 1
  • List

#23 Male OFFLINE   LPJR

LPJR

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 08:18 PM

I'm waiting for October, I like cooler temps. 

In the past few years I have had a good shooter on cam and capitalized early on in September right away........

Gonna wait till it gets cooler now like you said because I have nothing on camera that I would want to hang a tag on this early......

Plus I would miss out on all of the pre-rut reindeer games lol!

#24 OFFLINE   homework

homework

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 08:23 PM

Been out twice with my son, he got a nice spike. My turn next, going Saturday.

#25 Male OFFLINE   LPJR

LPJR

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 08:51 PM

Been out twice with my son, he got a nice spike. My turn next, going Saturday.

Congrats to your son!

Good job :up:  :up: 

#26 Male OFFLINE   DV1

DV1

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 10:09 PM

Dont see any logic in your statement honestly. I know where its coming from though :rofl:  

No logic intended, I was making a funny.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

#27 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09/28/16 - 04:33 AM

Keep shooting those does,the herds aren't being destroyed enough.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

#28 Male OFFLINE   timbouy

timbouy

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09/28/16 - 05:07 AM

Went out opening day liver hit one. With the Temps so hot I pressed my luck and jumped her. We tried back the next day and found her bloated up like a beached whale. Put myself in the penalty box til last sat2and saw a few just out of range. I have a love hate relationship with the early season. Now I am just waiting for better weather. Gonna try Saturday morning.

#29 Male OFFLINE   Devil Horns

Devil Horns

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 09/28/16 - 07:07 AM

I am having a great season so far. I've been out 3 times with my 11 and 13 year old sons. I killed my EAB doe on my second sit.

The boys are seeing lots of deer and a few bucks. My 11 year old missed a doe and my 13 year old missed a Y buck. "Deer Fever" I guess. Both clean misses right over the deer's backs.

We are having a great time! This is what hunting is all about!!

• Like x 2
  • Agree x 1
  • List
I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

#30 Male OFFLINE   outdoorslife

outdoorslife

9 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 09/28/16 - 07:15 AM

No logic intended, I was making a funny.

Understood. Good one

Good luck this season

#31 Male OFFLINE   not on the rug

not on the rug

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 09/28/16 - 07:20 AM

Shot my EAB on day two.  Had a good look at a bachelor group one night.  Went out a total of 5 times so far on 2 different properties. I'm still looking for freezer meat so if another nice doe comes my way, I won't think twice about putting her down. If a nice buck comes my way, then I'm obviously putting him down too.  I just haven't had a crack at one yet   

"that helpful a**hole"

#32 Male OFFLINE   outdoorslife

outdoorslife

9 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 09/28/16 - 07:23 AM

Keep shooting those does,the herds aren't being destroyed enough.

With all due respect I think I can speak for many of us here. There are places that I will absolutely never shoot a doe until these areas bounce back. Areas that are definitely hurting bad. I understand your concern, trust me. However, there are some areas that are extremely populated still. In my case, one little private piece I was given permission to hunt this past year, there are TONS of does walking around all day long. When I parked at the end of the land owners driveway waiting for him to show me around, I counted 6 including one piebald, in 10 minutes. Other areas you might not see 1 in 10 days. I have faith that many of our hunters, of course not all, have the knowledge to decipher where to take does from and where to let them walk/rebound. Of course this is for another topic/thread, but my findings constantly show there needs to be seperate regulations/limits for private vs public. Good luck to you this season dbuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by outdoorslife, 09/28/16 - 07:26 AM.

• Agree x 1
  • List

#33 Male OFFLINE   not on the rug

not on the rug

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 09/28/16 - 07:48 AM

With all due respect I think I can speak for many of us here. There are places that I will absolutely never shoot a doe until these areas bounce back. Areas that are definitely hurting bad. I understand your concern, trust me. However, there are some areas that are extremely populated still. In my case, one little private piece I was given permission to hunt this past year, there are TONS of does walking around all day long. When I parked at the end of the land owners driveway waiting for him to show me around, I counted 6 including one piebald, in 10 minutes. Other areas you might not see 1 in 10 days. I have faith that many of our hunters, of course not all, have the knowledge to decipher where to take does from and where to let them walk/rebound. Of course this is for another topic/thread, but my findings constantly show there needs to be seperate regulations/limits for private vs public. Good luck to you this season dbuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.  I won't pluck a doe out of an area that is decimated, but I won't think twice about shooting 1 or 2 off of some private pieces or less hunted areas where I see boatloads of does walking around every time I hunt

• Agree x 3
  • List

"that helpful a**hole"

#34 Male OFFLINE   Redman

Redman

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09/28/16 - 12:00 PM

Will also be starting my season on Saturday. Hoping to connect in zone 6 in the AM. Good luck to all.

#35 Male OFFLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,430 posts

Posted 09/28/16 - 02:43 PM

I might get out next week for the first time.  My spots are set and ready to go.  

• Like x 1
  • List

#36 Male ONLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 09/28/16 - 02:58 PM

I'm in the woods starting this Saturday, rain or shine.

US citizens have constitutionally protected rights - but they're only paper protections if they can't be freely exercised.

--BBC News

The right to revolt has sources deep in our history.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Ideas are indeed the most dangerous weapons in the world. Our ideas of freedom are the most powerful political weapons man has ever forged.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

#37 Male OFFLINE   outdoorslife

outdoorslife

9 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 09/28/16 - 03:34 PM

Good luck to those who have not been out yet. Enjoy it!

...and those who have already as well :up:

#38 Male OFFLINE   Leo801

Leo801

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 09/28/16 - 04:18 PM

Not a good start for me but most zones aren't open around here yet . Hoping my luck will change when I can get out in other zones

#39 Male OFFLINE   Merkel

Merkel

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 09/28/16 - 10:56 PM

Went out on opening day and passed on a group of does with a 6 pt. fearful of educating them. Second week took a solo doe. Hoping to sit this weekend. Good luck to all.
  • Like x 1
  • List

#40 Male ONLINE   Topher

Topher

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10/02/16 - 06:53 AM

I'm leaving Tuesday afternoon for a 3 day hunt in the ADK's.  If I get something it will be my first.  I'm excited and anxious.

Family is coming up Friday afternoon for the long weekend.  So, regardless, it will be a good trip.  

Congrats to all with a successful season so far and good luck to the rest of us.

• Like x 2
  • List

I used to be "Topher"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users