• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Hows everyones season so far

49 replies to this topic

#1 Male OFFLINE   Bone collector 85

Bone collector 85

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 06:16 AM

Im having a good one ive shot 4 including a doe last night tagged out on the 17th. Freezer is almost full. Im done now til permit season
  • Like x 1
  • List
Theres more fun hunting with the handicap of a bow than the surness of a gun!The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind!

#2 OFFLINE   GhostBear

GhostBear

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 06:26 AM

Been out only once for deer, nada, went for rabbit and squirrel yesterday, no rabbits a limit of squirrel and saw 7 deer, 2 close enough to shoot with a bow!! Lol
  • Like x 1
  • List
Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

#3 Male ONLINE   Buck154

Buck154

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 06:32 AM

I'm tagged out as of last night. Shot my buck a 12 point :rofl:  so my season is going great  

• Like x 2
  • List

#4 Male OFFLINE   Tarhunt

Tarhunt

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 2,436 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 06:45 AM

I've been out several times with no luck at all. I'm not hunting over bait. I'll be out this Saturday afternoon and hopefully I'll shoot one.

• Like x 1
  • List

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

#5 Male OFFLINE   outdoorslife

outdoorslife

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 06:50 AM

Good season here, so far. I have been seeing a good amount of deer. Have two does under my belt and waiting on a good buck. I have seen a few spikes and y's but nothing im willing to release an arrow at yet.

That was until I got down from my stand the other day and noticed my arrow a 1/4" nock high. The serving seperated pretty bad(new aftermarket strings) and slid the d loop up. They warranty defects for life so although it wont cost me anything, Im out of commission most likely this weekend but hopefully not next. Best to take care of this now and get it out of the way before my halloween illinois trip.
  • Like x 1
  • List

#6 Male OFFLINE   hemlock

hemlock

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 06:51 AM

Saturday will be my first hunt for deer. I was out for bear in NY with my nephew since September 10-25 we saw a few but none in bow range. Wish we could bait but we had fun and saw lots of deer too.

• Like x 1
  • List

#7 Male OFFLINE   TroutandBucks

TroutandBucks

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 07:32 AM

Sounds like some good seasons. 
I will finally start mine on Saturday 

• Like x 2
  • List

#8 Male ONLINE   JHbowhunter

JHbowhunter

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 08:20 AM

Shot my EAB doe in Z2. Passed up several others in z2 and z5 since then. I won't shoot a doe in Z5 until it rebounds (may take several years - if ever). My zone 2 spot is loaded with doe but really holding out for a buck that gets me excited. I could have shot 3 beautiful large doe each 100 lbs or more last night, and while very tempting - still had time left for a buck to come in.  I have no pictures or visual sightings of any buck I would consider shooting as of yet - so hopefully that changes as the rut approaches.   I am planning a big Ohio trip for the rut - I am no longer relying on NJ for a "chance" at that buck of a lifetime or at least something of P&Y caliber. 

Glad you enjoying your season.

• Like x 2
  • List

#9 Male OFFLINE   Bucksnbows

Bucksnbows

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • 4,284 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 08:31 AM

We are passing up doe hunting this year again, so our season starts on Saturday although I have to guide a fly fishing trip all day.  So hopefully I get out on Sunday the 2nd for a shot at one of our nicer bucks we see from time to time when the bears aren't keeping them off the property.  

• Like x 2
  • List

#10 Male ONLINE   Kype

Kype

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 08:36 AM

haven't even made it out yet. going this weekend and then next Monday and Tuesday
  • Like x 1
  • List

No man steps in the same river or woods twice.

NRA Member

NJ Trappers Association

Trout Unlimited Member

Ducks Unlimited Member 

#11 Male OFFLINE   rossbowhunter

rossbowhunter

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 09:01 AM

I hate earn a buck, because all i ever see when i go out are good bucks, so i wait......and tinker around the house..........

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842

#12 Male ONLINE   JHbowhunter

JHbowhunter

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 12:39 PM

Im having a good one ive shot 4 including a doe last night tagged out on the 17th. Freezer is almost full. Im done now til permit season

Pics of your buck?

#13 Male OFFLINE   DV1

DV1

9 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 12:59 PM

That was until I got down from my stand the other day and noticed my arrow a 1/4" nock high. The serving seperated pretty bad(new aftermarket strings) and slid the d loop up. They warranty defects for life so although it wont cost me anything, Im out of commission most likely this weekend but hopefully not next. Best to take care of this now and get it out of the way before my halloween illinois trip.

Hmmm, probably happened when carrying all that gear in and out of the woods and trying to set up every time you do. ;) Bound to tear a string or two. Good luck in Illinois

Edited by DV1, 09/27/16 - 12:59 PM.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

#14 Male OFFLINE   NorthNJHunter

NorthNJHunter

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 01:23 PM

Mine starts on Saturday.

#15 Male OFFLINE   outdoorslife

outdoorslife

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 01:50 PM

Hmmm, probably happened when carrying all that gear in and out of the woods and trying to set up every time you do. ;) Bound to tear a string or two. Good luck in Illinois

No torn strings and everything in good condition. It happened because the string manufacturer used a different center serving from what they typically use and they are going to use a serving that will "bite" better.

All that gear? 17 lb climber and a bow? Same pack no matter which stand I go to. I would still be holding my bow the same whether I used my climber or walked to a pre-hung lockon. Dont see any logic in your statement honestly. I know where its coming from though :rofl: And if anyone read, I said I have all 3 means of hunting, Im not a "one-wayer". Climber, mobile sticks n stand, prehung lockons. The situation dictates the tools used. Period. How dare I try to talk hunting over there in regards to; what can be done to HELP stop guys from setting up on top of one another?

Thanks man I appreciate that! Really looking forward to going and think about it every morning I get up

Edited by outdoorslife, 09/28/16 - 06:53 AM.

#16 Male ONLINE   3 Blade

3 Blade

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 02:40 PM

I've been out 3 times and have seen only bucks, mostly dinks and a borderline one I may shoot if I see him again. I have not seen a doe yet at this spot which is unusual. I do have them on cam at night or the days I am not hunting.  

#17 Male OFFLINE   TroutandBucks

TroutandBucks

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 02:51 PM

Sounds like from everyones posts they should do away with earn a buck 

• Agree x 1
  • Like x 1
  • List

#18 Male OFFLINE   outdoorslife

outdoorslife

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 03:08 PM

Sounds like from everyones posts they should do away with earn a buck 

I do participate in EAB but I believe it needs to be done away with. 

• Agree x 1
  • List

#19 Male OFFLINE   LPJR

LPJR

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 03:15 PM

Was all set to get in a stand with my son, now waiting for his cast to come off is like waiting FOREVERRRR! :banghead:

Lol, all good. We will be back in the woods only when he is ready. :up:

Edited by LPJR, 09/27/16 - 03:16 PM.

• Like x 1
  • List

#20 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 3,272 posts

Posted 09/27/16 - 03:48 PM

Dove Hunting pretty much sucked.. Cant use my bow yet because of shoulder.. Shot gun season opens this Saturday where I be but, I haven't had time to scout enough and the weather is still too warm.. Looks like I may be taking a trip to NJ for winter deer season and hunt my old stomping grounds.. If I don't have a bag before then, then, if its brown its down.. :devious:

• Like x 1
  • List

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users