IGNORED

debate

rgw

She distracted him several times and I thought he squandered opportunities. She may have won on points but he didn't do anything that knocked him out of contention. So, I give it to him. He's got to work on his facial expressions when she was talking.

I think he did well considering she's an entrenched establishment politician polished and well practiced for debates and this is his first time in that ring. The primary debates were a joke so he only got moderate experience there.

One thing to consider, well, there's a few things but as far as the body of the debates go, She's spent, she used all  her cards and can only regurgitate what she's already brought up about Trump where Trump still has plenty of ammo to use and drill her about. He used the line about her digs were the same old tired lines she's been saying in her adds already so I think he's setting her up to look like she has nothing but slander to offer the rest of the way to November.

Another thing, what did the mod bring up about Killary in a negative manner? Benghazi? emails? Health issues? Anything? Meanwhile, Trump gets put through the ringer as usual. The media campaigning for Killary is wearing thin on everyone except those killary worshippers so I think as it persists, it'll work in Trump's favor.

He needs to force her to admit to her lies and inconsistencies on gay marriage, Marching against equal rights for blacks and all that. But without being a dick about it, he needs to keep his cool and show concern or he'll turn a lot of undecided off.   

I'm a Trump supporter in a big way, but he got his butt whooped tonight.  Totally expected and the press will say as much tomorrow, but in the end, only voters decide - not the press.  I still see Trump as winning in a landslide which in politics, given a 4 person race, will be by 4 or more points.  He won by coming across as a leader.  He wasted time with the birther crap which she started and got back on his heels afterwards.  Dumb move.  Same with the second Iraq war.  Only one person on stage stood up and spoke in favor of that war, and he should have pointed that out since that second war is (today) highly unpopular.  Instead, he was back on his heels again defending whether or not he said he was against or for.  He should have said, "only one person on this stage tonight supported the second Iraq war, and that was Hillary".  But certainly not a game changer in any way for any of the 3 undecided voters left in this election.  

Not one question about the Clinton Foundation..........that was a glaring mistake by Lester Holt.   

I agree, I think Hillary won because he was on defense all night. I think he missed several chances to really smash her, without being mean. Lester Holt did okay, but he was more confrontational with Trump than her. When Holt asked if there was a conflict of interest in Trumps tax returns regarding his business dealings with other countries, he should have gone right to the Clinton Foundation, her selling access and how she is owned by donors and others countries. He could have spent time tying her to countries who treat women and gays badly there too. He missed it. Not much on the emails either and when she accused him of a lifetime of racial discrimination, he should have brought up his award from Jesse Jackson for his lifetime of works with the African American community.  

He lost but he didn't self destruct. Hopefully, we'll hear more about the Clinton Foundation and emails in the next one. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I agree, I think Hillary won because he was on defense all night. I think he missed several chances to really smash her, without being mean. Lester Holt did okay, but he was more confrontational with Trump than her. When Holt asked if there was a conflict of interest in Trumps tax returns regarding his business dealings with other countries, he should have gone right to the Clinton Foundation, her selling access and how she is owned by donors and others countries. He could have spent time tying her to countries who treat women and gays badly there too. He missed it. Not much on the emails either and when she accused him of a lifetime of racial discrimination, he should have brought up his award from Jesse Jackson for his lifetime of works with the African American community.  

He lost but he didn't self destruct. Hopefully, we'll hear more about the Clinton Foundation and emails in the next one. 

I totally agree. Holt interrupted Trump 30 times and Clinton 19 times plus, he never brought up Benghazi and the Clinton Foundation. Hopefully, it'll get brought up at the next debate which will be a town hall debate.

Edited by Tarhunt

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I totally agree. Holt interrupted Trump 30 times and Clinton 19 times plus, he never brought up Benghazi and the Clinton Foundation. Hopefully, it'll get brought up at the next debate which will be a town hall debate.

I think was was too kind to Holt before. He actually was wrong, or lying when confronting Trump as well. The biggest thing he did was mislead about 100 million Americans watching to believe that Trump would resort to unconstitutional tactics to lower crime. The fact is, Stop and Frisk is not unconstitutional, it was a Supreme Court decision that created it. One District Court Judge ruled that the "way it was applied in NYC" was not constitutional, and District Court Judges are overruled all the time. It was never appealed because De Blasio wanted it gone so we'll never know. And Holt could have "fact checked" Clinton on her claim murders are down. They are not. Since De Blasio ended stop and frisk, murders are up the past few years in NYC, and in most other major cities in the US. Where was Holt on that one?

Would love to see a campaign commercial showing Hillary saying murders are down, Holt and Clinton saying Stop and Frisk is unconstitutional, and then the facts flashed up on the screen about the SCOTUS Decision of Terry V Ohio (which created stop and frisk) and the murder rates. End it with "What else are they lying to you about"? Run that in the inner cities.  

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Wow the debate was a little more freestyle than I expected.. I listened to it on satellite radio on my way from Drop tines back yard to Seaford Va with a load of Coke..( I'm a pepsi man myself ) so I couldn't read into any body language..  I'm a Trump supporter.. And, IMO he sounded like a total buffoon.. Hillary wiped her a$$ with his toupee and then put it back on his head... thought I was listening to a recording of myself when I'm locked in a heated argument at my favorite watering hole after 6 or so mugs of suds.. Hillary waltzed trough the debate with the style and grace of a used car salesmen.. She was smooth, eloquent, and seemed to be knowledgeable.. But, Like the used car salesmen, she's been grooming herself to LOOK good before the people or customers if you will, for many Years.. However, looks can be and usually are deceiving.. She is actually  a stone cold self serving criminal.. Not so much her words but her PROVEN actions say so.. She cant be president IMO.. I don't care how stupid her opponent made himself look...

:D