IGNORED

anything stirring up in the tributaries?

Kype

wondering if any of you guys have heard reports of anything with the lake Ontario tributaries? its getting to that time. i remember going up in late sept and salmon were running the river. also anyone know what salmon river is looking like? i may take a monday off and head up sunday morning. 

They need a big push of rain to move them just like the rest of our trout and salmon on the East coast.  Let's hope that starts tonight and goes all week long.  We are currently looking at a 2nd straight year of horrific spawning flows in NJ, PA, NY, etc.  That's trout, salmon and steelies.

They need a big push of rain to move them just like the rest of our trout and salmon on the East coast.  Let's hope that starts tonight and goes all week long.  We are currently looking at a 2nd straight year of horrific spawning flows in NJ, PA, NY, etc.  That's trout, salmon and steelies.

You ain't kidding.  I was riding around NW NJ this past weekend like I usually do, and rode over the Musconetcong.  It's not a river, it's a stream.  I've never seen it this low even in the summer time.  It must have been pulled back from the shore at least 15'-20'.  I crossed south of Hackettstown.  It's scary low.

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I was up this past Sunday with my son and we did very well, Great Day. The fish have been moving in everyday since last Monday. There are fish from the top to the bottom of the Salmon River. It is already better than last year. As mentioned already the first good shot of rain should get a bigger push moving. We fished the DSR and there were Kings and Cohos moving in most of the day just not in Huge numbers.It should only get better from here.

My buddy has been up there for a week and caught fish every day.  Some days it's hook up at will and others you have to hunt for them.  There have been a lot of Cohos caught the last 2 days.  Like OMC said, it's already better than last year and it should keep getting better.  The river is running @ 350 right now but there is talk about lowering it to 185 by the end of the week if they don't get rain this week.  They are supposed to get rain Thursday & Friday (hopefully).  I have a couple of friends that guide up there so I'll try and keep you updated.

Edited by Double G