IGNORED

Smoked Salmon

Nanuk

I found several recipes online for Indian Candy.

4 cups brown Sugar & 1 Cup kosher salt , cut salmon into finger sized pieces skinned or I skinned . Put the prices into a glass or plastic casarole pan and coat all the fish . Let sit in the frig for at least 12 hours . Turn occasionally to ensure fish are coated & cured . Remove piece and place on a fine mesh smoking tray or frog mat . Allow to sit outside with a breeze or fan blowing on then until they build up a "skin" this will allow the fish to remain moist inside while smoking with a candied coating outside.. Smoke for 4 hours or until firm at 160 ...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sounds and looks good but, I would dry inside to avoid  flies, bees and 4 legged critters.

That was the hardest part of all , definitley dry indoors. And I make sure your mongrels are kept at a distance , almost lost a batch to my counter surfer !!! Lol

Looks good. Probably good as long as it's not those dying salmon in the Salmon river. They don't taste like any thing good :vomit:... Just guess you have to get them as soon as they get in the river or before in the lake

Edited by Buck154

I never did and I won't frown on it but, salmon ain't cheap and liquid smoke is very pungent, thread lightly . If u go on Utube you'll find plenty of home grown smokers. Or if you ho with the oven omit the liquid stuff and just dry it .Good Luck