IGNORED

truck caps

Kype

i have wanted a truck cap for years now. i own a chevy s10 quad cab, so my truck bed is literally 4' x 4'. very small bed, but it does what i need it to do. i went to cap connection in lebanon nj on route 22. i got a quote for alomost $2000!! i would never think a cap for my truck bed (being as small as it is) would be that expensive. what did you guys pay for a cap when your beds are 8 feet long!? !?

this is a long shot because you don't see quad cab s10s around that much, but does anyone have one they want to sell? or does anyone know of a cheaper dealer? this dealer sold "leer" caps. are there cheaper brands? I do not need all the bells and whistles, just want to keep my gear locked and dry. and I'm not interested in the bed covers.

I have a 2010 Tundra brought it new, within that week I purchased a A.R.E.Z-series, with interior LED lights, cost $1900

attachicon.gif12001074_10207003774445742_8600849430105525396_o.jpg

so for a bed that size, I am paying the same amount for a bed that is half the size of a sheet of plywood? I feel like I'm being ripped off. I'm glad I just took the quote home and didn't make a deposit

Edited by Kype

LED lights inside, felt liner inside, thats it

ok, thanks. my quote was for all the bells and whistles. I will stop by after work this week and ask for just a cap, nothing else.

the quote I got was for, reinforced roof with roof rack, lights, third light, and back window flips down to clean it. I guess without all that the price would be sufficient for just a cap to keep my gear locked and dry. thanks for the info.  

$2000. .......not me......

Play it out and keep shopping.

Craiglist, etc. .....you will find something sooner or later.

Just my .2 cents.

Good Luck.

NRA Life Member
"From My Cold Dead Hands"                          I'm all for Gun Control...I use both Hands.