IGNORED

Ar 15 optics question

PV216

I'm going to be buying another AR. It's probably going to be a m4/a3. I like shooting iron sights but I also want to put a red dot on it. I'm going to remove the carry handle and install a flip up rear sight with a red dot sight on the rail. Other than eotech, what red dots do you recommend? What flip up rear sight do you like? I'm going to co witness the red dot with the irons so any info, advice,or pics would be appreciated. Thanks

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

gun-1_zpsa5b2d7e3.png

I'm going to be buying another AR. It's probably going to be a m4/a3. I like shooting iron sights but I also want to put a red dot on it. I'm going to remove the carry handle and install a flip up rear sight with a red dot sight on the rail. Other than eotech' date=' what red dots do you recommend? What flip up rear sight do you like? I'm going to co witness the red dot with the irons so any info, advice,or pics would be appreciated. Thanks

[/quote']

Pat, not sure about witnessing dots with irons but I've got a Burris Fast Fire III that I love. i initially had it on my Beretta Carbine but have since moved it to a target pistol. Obviously not the same as my Eotech but it's much smaller and lighter and didnt cost nearly as much.

Excellence, in anything, never occurs by chance

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

Pat, not sure about witnessing dots with irons but I've got a Burris Fast Fire III that I love. i initially had it on my Beretta Carbine but have since moved it to a target pistol. Obviously not the same as my Eotech but it's much smaller and lighter and didnt cost nearly as much.

Thanks Tom. i appreciate the advice :up:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

gun-1_zpsa5b2d7e3.png