IGNORED

AR Recommendation

LittleM

IF I was thinking of buying one, could anyone recommend a make, model, caliber, sight?  I was thinking .223 but just because I assume they are (or were) readily available?  I know nothing about them except for that my wife said I could buy one, if I want.  I have a few folks that have them and I can shoot them if I want.  I know I have some research to do, but any starting points would be great.

+1 on the Ruger.  NJ-compliant model out of the box.  Fun gun to shoot.  Accurate.  You're going to blow through ammo because it's THAT fun to shoot.

The iron sights on it are pretty good.  I had to add a Picatiny rail to it to get my scope mounted, the rail on it was too short.

The only thing I didn't like was the mag that shipped with it.  As noted on the other thread, I picked up some plastic mags for $11 that are excellent.

Got this as a front swivel.  Mounts easily onto the front stock. And works great with my Harris bipod.  https://www.midwayusa.com/product/404111/harris-bipod-adapter-stud-swivel-5-ar-15-black

Got these as extra mags:  https://www.midwayusa.com/product/765895/magpul-pmag-m3-magazine-ar-15-223-remington

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Ruger AR 556 piston driven action. Or a LWRC piston driven action. They are more expensive, but the receiver never gets hot. 5.56 and .223 are basically the same round. You can shoot .223 ammo in a 5.56 but you can't shoot 5.56 in a .223. LittleM if you want to check out my rifle PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for home defence use a win mod 97 riot gun. when the perp hears you rack in a round he will run. you can use 7 1/2 shot so you dont screw up your walls your last round can be buckshot as he reaches the door, be sure of that. i have been down this road back in the mid 70's. check out the movie cool hand luke and the man without eyes.

I have 2 DPMS that I like, M&P is nice, I just built a LH one using a Stag upper receiver,BCG and barrel and the quality was very good on the parts. I also like JP rifles and Daniel Defense. All depends on use and budget. you can also build your own with quality parts for under $1000