IGNORED

Dunstan Chestnut trees, coming near you

Do you know what the height and spread of these trees are?  I lost a tree in my front yard that I want to replace, but I need to be keen on height and spread because of the power lines in front of the house.  I have a white birch on one side, which should never be a problem with the lines, but the dead tree with a hummingbird feeder in it is starting to drop larger branches.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Do you know what the height and spread of these trees are?  I lost a tree in my front yard that I want to replace, but I need to be keen on height and spread because of the power lines in front of the house.  I have a white birch on one side, which should never be a problem with the lines, but the dead tree with a hummingbird feeder in it is starting to drop larger branches.

They say 60-80 feet tall when mature.  I've planted a dozen(ish) between my yard and the clear cuts on Sparta MT WMA, they are all thriving, and they are around 12' after 3 years.  

I'm okay with the height, is the spread 12' or the current height of your mast?  I think I can do a 20'-25' spread before I have to start worrying about the town coming around and shaping my trees for me.

I have two black walnuts and a bunch of American Hazelnuts on the property right now.  People do say I'm a bit nuts, so this would just add to that.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

I could throw another one in the back yard.  I've got a few trees going on a small piece of property, but I'll be dead by the time it gets to be too much.   :)

I'd take some of the 7-gallon ones.  They seem to do better.

Is this a fall or spring order?

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

The one that would be useful in determining wether you are closer to 50 or 60.  Come on, you're the IT genius here.  

There is no IT in history.

I don't remember men landing on the moon, but I was alive for it.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.