IGNORED

South Jersey Shooting Club restricted morning hours?

mazzgolf

Any SJSC members here just get an email about their morning hours being restricted due to township ordinance? Before it was dawn to dusk except for Sundays.

New Operating Hours per Township Ordinance EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY will be:
Monday thru Saturday ***  9 AM until Dusk
Sunday               ***  10 AM until Dusk

Wouldn't surprise me a bit the way people bitch and complain down this way. I know a couple other guy's that have shot there, will have to try and ask them. I was considering joining in 2017 but might have to rethink that now. I don't need to shoot at the crack of dawn but that does suck if that's the case

Edited by Silver Belly62

South Jersey Shooting Club

http://sjerseyshootingclub.com

SJSC Club Hours year round are as follows: Shooting is from Dawn ‘til Dusk, or Sunrise to Sunset, everyday except on Sundayswhen there will be NO SHOOTING before 9:00 A:M with the exception of the days when the Facility will be closed to regular shooting for Special Events and when ample notice has been given. Members can always check our scheduled calender of EVENTS on this website or call us with any questions. We are here to help.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Yeah, the website still has the original times. But I got an email from their mailing list this afternoon. This is the email:

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: mazzgolf
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:20:41 PM
Subject: IMPORTANT -- PLEASE READ!!!!!

New Operating Hours per Township Ordinance EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY will be:
Monday thru Saturday ***  9 AM until Dusk
Sunday               ***  10 AM until Dusk

Thank you for your continued cooperation.

Just a little while ago, I looked up the Winslow Township ordinances which I found here, and apparently, this has been in effect since the 1990s.

Chapter 225  SHOOTING GALLERIES AND RANGES

§ 225-5. Standards for operation.
   A license hereunder shall comply with the following regulations, requirements and standards of operation:

A.  Except as provided herein, the licensee shall not permit the firing of any firearms, air guns, BB guns or other weapons at any time other than between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and dusk, local time, Monday through Saturday. The licensee shall not permit any such firing on Sunday or any day otherwise being a nationally observed holiday at any time other than between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. or dusk, whichever comes first, local time. In the event the licensee owns two hundred (200) or more contiguous and uninhabited acres, and said shooting gallery or shooting range is at least one thousand (1,000) feet from the licensee's property line and any residential or commercial property and at least one hundred (100) feet from any public road, then the hours of firing shall be from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., local time, Monday through Saturday, and 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., local time, on Sunday or any nationally observed holiday. [Amended 10-18-94 by Ord. No. 0-22-94; 4-28-98 by Ord. No. 0-7-98]

mazzgolf,

Thanks for the info.

I never received any e-mail or change notice.

I just called SJSC to confirm your notice.

You Sir, are correct. The new Sunday time is at: 10:00AM till Dusk.

Thanks again.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.