IGNORED

Tommy D and his sea bass report

Scrubby rack buck

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just start reading the new post over there and yes it seems you can't voice your opinion again, Tom.

I have never fish with Tom at all, I have ask for advice him for advice on reloading etc.. I think Tom was putting up a post that explain his opinion on what he faced.. However , it does seem like once you due that on certain sites.. Especially against certain operations .. It's a quick red flag..

Good luck next week Tom .. Hope weather allows you go..

Joe

Capt. Joe G

Sykk Physh Sportfishing

(732) 239 1404

www.sykkphyshsportfishing.com

www.jpgcharters.com

Sorry for keeping all you guys in suspense lol. I had a reservation on a large, well-known headboat and showed up at the appointed time and didnt like what I was greeted with. In my opinion the boat seemed considerably overbooked relative to the limit stated on the boat's website. (an observation the Captain strongly denied) It was extremely challenging to even pass up the walkways given the number of coolers that were everywhere. I could only find one area that had two open rodholders, and that was next to the grimy, smelly bait station. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I went into the cabin and there were a bunch of people, including some crew members, smoking. I have an acute sensitivity to second hand smoke and my only alternative to breathing it would have been to remain in 15-20 degree weather for nineteen hours, something I wasnt willing to do. I quickly picked up all my gear and left the boat, making a post about my disappointing experience shortly thereafter.

Alot of people then chimed in on the post, recounting similar situations. A number of others came on and objected to my voicing grievances without having spoken to the captain. When the boat returned to port the following evening the captain proceeded to vociferously claim that I was nothing but a liar and that all my claims were false. I didnt appreciate him trying to discredit my by attacking me personally and things proceeded to get uglier and uglier.

Eventually, Gerry Z. pulled the initial thread and then allowed another to be started. He was in a difficult situation obviously and caught between a paying sponsor from whom he makes a lot of money that wanted the threads pulled and a lot of the general membership that objected to my silencing and was accusing him of censorship. During the two days the drama went on I had to empty out my PM mailbox twice, as it was filled from people sending me PMs and recounting horror stories they had experienced on the boat.

At the end of the day I am extremely pleased to not have sailed with them because I know I would have been miserable and there's a decent chance I would have lost some gear to thieves. I am much more appreciative now of the different caliber/class of the boats and operations we have to choose from here in this area. I have mixed feelings about whether or not I was unfair by airing my grievances on a public forum before giving management a heads up, though I think that feedback and word of mouth is really all that we, as consumers, have at our disposal to keep operators honest.

So that is it in a nutshell!

Excellence, in anything, never occurs by chance

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

Seems like you voiced your opinion and they didn't like it because it was negative..I know your not a liar Tom and anyone who knows you does as well

Hey, I once got handed down underwear and a paperclip for Christmas, and it was a great gift. - Si

Seems like you voiced your opinion and they didn't like it because it was negative..I know your not a liar Tom and anyone who knows you does as well

Thanks pal, I've always prided myself on being a stand up, no BS kind of guy. Its important to me what my friends think of me, I dont give a rat's *ss what other people think.

Joe, Thanks much for the well wishes - I'm confident I'll knock 'em dead on the Voyager again if I'm able to get out!

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

I went on an 18 hour trip on the same boat about five years ago and had about the same experience. The previous trip was cancelled and quite a few were allowed to go on the next trip regardless of the "limited fares" advertised. I suppose that was the solution to giving refunds. While it was crowded I will say the guys I fished between were good fisherman and I had no issues with that. The smoke in the cabin was a little rough for me, too.

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

I went on an 18 hour trip on the same boat about five years ago and had about the same experience. The previous trip was cancelled and quite a few were allowed to go on the next trip regardless of the "limited fares" advertised. I suppose that was the solution to giving refunds. While it was crowded I will say the guys I fished between were good fisherman and I had no issues with that. The smoke in the cabin was a little rough for me' date=' too.[/quote']

Tommy! How are ya buddy?

Tom you are not the only one as you know by now that has had a bad experience on that boat.I fish a offshore sea bass trip a few years a go and had to fish a good ways away from my cooler.Everytime I would walk a sea bass down to it there were less and less fish in it till I got wise that people were steeling them.So I go up to the guy and start screaming at him and the Capt here's what's going on and comes out and tells me to knock it off.So I go flying up on the top deck and tell him to his face what's going on with these low life and he has the balls to tell me what's the big deal.I am livid at this point and Exchange a few choice words with him and he shows me a pair of handcuffs and says don't make me use these.I tell him if he thinks he is man enough go ahead and try and put them on me you are going to have a long swim home.At this point my friend is up top trying to drag me back down stairs.I go back down and pack my stuff up and sit in the cabin till back at dock.As I am getting of he yells down that I am not welcome back on his boat and I am lucky he didn't call the cops.Haha I told him I would quite fishing before I ever returned to his boat ever again.The Bogans are a bunch of lowlife pos people in that marina yet Bobby on the gambeler is so much diffrent its amazing they are related.And have you ever noticed all the New York trash that boat draws.

Hunting and fishing is not a sport to me its a way of life:rock:

Tom you are not the only one as you know by now that has had a bad experience on that boat.I fish a offshore sea bass trip a few years a go and had to fish a good ways away from my cooler.Everytime I would walk a sea bass down to it there were less and less fish in it till I got wise that people were steeling them.So I go up to the guy and start screaming at him and the Capt here's what's going on and comes out and tells me to knock it off.So I go flying up on the top deck and tell him to his face what's going on with these low life and he has the balls to tell me what's the big deal.I am livid at this point and Exchange a few choice words with him and he shows me a pair of handcuffs and says don't make me use these.I tell him if he thinks he is man enough go ahead and try and put them on me you are going to have a long swim home.At this point my friend is up top trying to drag me back down stairs.I go back down and pack my stuff up and sit in the cabin till back at dock.As I am getting of he yells down that I am not welcome back on his boat and I am lucky he didn't call the cops.Haha I told him I would quite fishing before I ever returned to his boat ever again.The Bogans are a bunch of lowlife pos people in that marina yet Bobby on the gambeler is so much diffrent its amazing they are related.And have you ever noticed all the New York trash that boat draws.

SB, Thanks for sharing your story, pal. Your narrative is very consistent with a number of PMs I received on the other site. You're right about Bobby and the Gambler though. Terrific boat, operation and crew. I'm very sorry that his operation is done for the season. I've got a couple of trips planned on the Voyager for the next couple of weeks:D

I have never fished the Big J but i will fluke fish on the JII and i have had good experiences.I will admit one mate is a little rough around the edges but my dad and i got past that, we can be obnoxious too. I had a real bad experience on the Gambler on a tuna trip and will never fish with them again.