IGNORED

Yesterday

A colleague of mine and myself convinced my wife to hike with us yesterday.  We had seen a few timbers and that usually always freaks her out, even tho she knew that's what we were looking for.  I always tell her to follow directly behind me, footstep for footstep and she'll have no worries............

P8060107_zpsajnxupm8.jpg

As we were walking along a game trail through a thick carpet of blueberry beneath a dense canopy, my colleague led, followed by me, followed by my wife. As you can see, there was a fairly large copperhead in the trail.  Of course, me and my buddy stepped over it as neither of us expected there to be a snake where it was, and we were BS'ing and motoring towards the next "good" spot when my wife says says to me that I just stepped on a copperhead.  Neither me nor my buddy stepped on it, as we would have been bit, but I bet it was close.  Very humbling for pro-snakers.  My wife wanted to know what the sense was in following us any further.

Moral to the story:  If your afraid of snakes, stay out of the woods until mid November.

Edited by LittleM

Moral to the story:  If your afraid of snakes, stay out of the woods until mid November.

I'm not afraid of snakes and am in the woods as often as possible and I rarely see snakes -- Am I that blind -- are there that many and I just miss them?

I'm located right where middlesex, union, and somerset counties meet

I'm not afraid of snakes and am in the woods as often as possible and I rarely see snakes -- Am I that blind -- are there that many and I just miss them?

I'm located right where middlesex, union, and somerset counties meet

Jeremy, you may have some copperheads by you, but not many if any timber rattlers