IGNORED

New to AR building. Did I screw up already?

Cransiear

So I found these lowers online the other day for $69 a piece. I bought two and 10 minutes later they were sold out. I call my local FFL and ask them to fax thier FFL license with my order #. They guy gets all pissy, he asks " where'd you order from?" I said PSA he sighs deep and goes "Great! We have had problems with them before." "they have shipped us illegal stuff and we had to ship it right back." Did you order NJ compliant stuff?" I tell him I think so... I ordered stripped lowers, how could they be illegal? Again he gets very impatient with me and says "two hole or three buddy?" Huh? (Deep sigh) He says" if they have two holes they are good if they have three they are for automatic weapons and illegal."

I am a complete novice when it comes to AR's. Is this guy just being J/O or di I screw my self on my first order? Here is a link to the lowers I ordered.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/receivers/ati-omni-stripped-lower-receiver.html

Guy definitely sounds a bit "tool-ish." Not sure where you are but so far my experience with YOJ Sports in Andover has been outstanding. My mail order lowers are scheduled to be delivered this tues so, we'll see how the rest of the process plays out.

I wouldn't expect the local gun shops to be doing backflips about acting as FFL for online purchases etc. but they need to realize that, for the most part, if someone has a good experience with them.... Not only are they going to recommend them to their friends but they'll also become customers themselves!!

In any case, that's just my $.02!!