• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Need help -- Bow Shop

23 replies to this topic

#21 Male OFFLINE   Heavyopp

Heavyopp

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 08/24/16 - 08:25 PM

Heavyopp, how did you make out? Buy anything?

I haven't done squat -- at least not with a new bow 

Had my golden eagle out and shooting -- also shot the crossbow some 

Hooked up with Stan from AW nature labs and got a spot set up with pinch point and a block -- been topping it off with corn and have 4 bucks daily 

I'm gonna start the season with my golden eagle -- It's been reliable for decades and shoots just fine -- I'm still capable at 47 to hold full draw for 30 seconds so I'll be OK

Maybe once I knock down another deer or 2 I'll get serious about a new bow again -- Besides  I have a pistol permit about to expire and I hate using them for toilet paper...

• Like x 2
  • List

#22 Male OFFLINE   Northjerseyoutdoorsman

Northjerseyoutdoorsman

Fawn

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08/25/16 - 08:29 AM

I've bought things from Easton and branchburg heritages guild and Simon Peter but the service at strictly archery far surpases any shop I've been to. I did not buy my bow from them but have brought it in for service now a few times
Ray is a great guy to deal with and treats me great every time I go in there. You get what you pay for. they are not cheap but the time they put into your bow making sure it shoots great when you leave is worth the price. What others have said on here is certainly true if you go in there talking out your butt they will let you know it. There are many shops in this area but strictly archery will have my business for now on. Make an appointment and Ray will spend plenty of time with you explaining the bows and helping you find the one best for you

#23 Male OFFLINE   not on the rug

not on the rug

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 08/25/16 - 08:36 AM

Yes indeed they are moody.. So much so I stopped using them because I never knew if I was gonna get treated like family or get my head ripped off when I went there.. And if you didn't buy your equipment from them STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE.. just trust me on that..

I've had experience with Simon Peters and Garden State Bow.. :up:

It's funny because I've been using them for many years now and always have Tom do all of my work, but both Tom and Ray treat me like family every time I walk in the door, whether it's to make a large purchase or to just shoot the shit for a few minutes and buy some field points.  Hell, sometimes I just pop in to say what's up to the guys.  I've purchased bows from them and I've also had them set up and tune bows that I've purchased from other places and I've never been treated poorly otherwise.  In fact, the very first time I went there it was with a bow that I had purchased at another place and they took me right in, talked me through everything and I was there for hours trading hunting stories and flinging arrows.  I'm the same DL as Tommy, so he was letting me shoot his bows and we were just having a good time. 

I really think that the people who've had bad experiences with this shop are the know-it-all types or people who walk in with a chip on their shoulder for one reason or another.  I've been in that place a million times and every time I'm there I see customers both new and old come through the door and those guys treat them all with respect and take top notch care of them. I have seem them be pretty blunt with a handful of know-it-all types as well, but that's how it goes I guess.    

I've bought things from Easton and branchburg heritages guild and Simon Peter but the service at strictly archery far surpases any shop I've been to. I did not buy my bow from them but have brought it in for service now a few times
Ray is a great guy to deal with and treats me great every time I go in there. You get what you pay for. they are not cheap but the time they put into your bow making sure it shoots great when you leave is worth the price. What others have said on here is certainly true if you go in there talking out your butt they will let you know it. There are many shops in this area but strictly archery will have my business for now on. Make an appointment and Ray will spend plenty of time with you explaining the bows and helping you find the one best for you

Well said. 

"that helpful a**hole"

#24 Male OFFLINE   Jerseybassnbow

Jerseybassnbow

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 09/10/16 - 09:54 AM

Sportsman Center is worth the trip or Davis in Sloatsburg.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Any Man Who Thinks He Can Be Happy and Prosperous By Letting the Government Take Care of Him Better Take A Closer Look at The American Indian! - Henry Ford

MOLON LABE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users