IGNORED

TenPoint/Six Point Crossbow Owners - Help?!

buckfever1974

I figured I would check in with you all here to see if you guys have any advice or, better yet, a similiar model crossbow.

My father who has passed away left me his Sixpoint CLS Crossbow (Made by Tenpoint) and when I took it to the shop to have the strings repalced they recognized stress fractures in the limbs.  The company no longer makes that model but they said that they could replace the limbs with some kind of other limb system that they do have but the cost of the labor, strings, limbs anc cables with shipping is going to cost well over $300.  I don't "Have to" have this crossbow to hunt with as I do have another but it does hold a strong sentimental value.  

Is there any chance that one of you has a similiar model that would be willing to take a trade for a gun or has one that is otherwise not functional that would sell the limbs?  Like I said, this is a hail mary kind of request but it's either that or wait til I buy a house and hang it on the wall (God bless my youngest daughter for that suggestion).

Edited by buckfever1974

IMHO, you'll probably be hanging it on the wall unless you can find a miracle on eBay or Craigslist (or the forums) and get replacement limbs that you know are good.  I had a Browning bow given to me way back and when I brought it to get tuned they told me the limbs were bent.  Replacing them was just a few bucks shy of a new bow setup, so I went new versus putting the money and then some into an older package.

Hope it works out better for you.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I've been back and forth on it all afternoon.  Hoping to hear something positive soon but if it doesn't happen, I may take it home for a cooling off period and try and make a level headed decision without factoring in the emotion but the attachment to the crossbow and it's belonging to the old man is just the point of doing it in the first place.

Is TenPoint replacing the whole front end, including the riser for the $300.00 ish price?

I assume this is the compound version in the 6 Point series... If so, that was basically a $1200.00 package when it was brand new..  So for lets say $400.00 out the door for a fully functional Ten Point is not so bad, basically 1/3 of the original cost when it was a new bow.. Will TenPoint warranty the new parts for the 5 year warranty on limbs? 

What shop did you take it to for repair?

Edited by BowTechExperience

Is TenPoint replacing the whole front end, including the riser for the $300.00 ish price?

I assume this is the compound version in the 6 Point series... If so, that was basically a $1200.00 package when it was brand new..  So for lets say $400.00 out the door for a fully functional Ten Point is not so bad, basically 1/3 of the original cost when it was a new bow.. Will TenPoint warranty the new parts for the 5 year warranty on limbs? 

What shop did you take it to for repair?

It was $1100 brand new back when we could start using the crossbow around here so I guess 7 years now or so....

My understanding is that there is a lifetime warranty on the rest of the crossbow (less the scope) and that the limbs would carry a 5 year warranty.

You make a very compelling point regarding getting essentially a "New" crossbow as the rest of the crossbow is essentially never really the problem when it comes to issues.  It has, by FAR, the best trigger pull of any crossbow I have ever shot.

I took it to Dino over at Garden State Bow & Reel.

Edited by buckfever1974

You can't go wrong if it's going back to TenPoint for a renovation. They will tear it down and rebuild it good as new.

Me personally, I would get it repaired and hunt with it, especially if it has sentimental value to you...  

I am asking for the limbs back or I am going to have the pro-shop taken them off before shipping it back so that I can have those old limbs put back on when I do go to retire it if I go through with it.

Edited by buckfever1974