IGNORED

Barnett Ghost 410 - thoughts?

Cyanide02Z06

I plan on purchasing my first crossbow and have narrowed it down to the Ghost 410 based on overall reviews.  I know the Ghost 415 just came out but i can't see spending the extra money.

Does anyone have any experience with the Ghost 410?  

78222_front_ghost410camo.png

I have a barnett (not that one) and it is a pos. the bracket that holds the scope moves with vibration of shots. doz shots and it is off zero. will never ever get another barnett again. my 10 point sighted it in years ago and it hasent been off once. just my opinion

I have a barnett (not that one) and it is a pos. the bracket that holds the scope moves with vibration of shots. doz shots and it is off zero. will never ever get another barnett again. my 10 point sighted it in years ago and it hasent been off once. just my opinion

2X on the ten point never needed to be tightened...ever...

However, having said that, I just got my daughters Parker brken down and had blue lock tight put on it and ...Nock on wood....all screw loosening issues have been solved thus far.  Wouldn't necessarily not get it because of that but would go the lock tight way

heck I tried the red and didnt work. I ended up super glueing it and it holds for half a season. ended up taking scope off and putting pins on. just couldnt trust scope and wondering with every shot did it move from the last shot. not for me, I want to know the arrow is going where I want it. I loaned that bow to a farmer for groundhogs. never asked him for it back

My friend has the Barnett Ghost 360 and he loves it. He shot a giant 10 point with it two years ago in Ohio. His first deer that he ever shot with it. I have a Ten Point Raider and it's a great cross bow as well.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I was at Cabela's in PA and was surprised how big that crossbow is compared to other ones. If you are shooting out of a stand or blind you might want to see it before you buy it the X-bow was very long and pretty heavy.

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.

The older Barnetts were lower quality but they have significantly improved the quality of their products.  I've had the Vengeance for 5 or 6 years now and it's been great.  A bunch of different people have hunted with it over the years and it has killed a pile of deer without a single issue.  I have no complaints.   :up:

Edited by Rusty