IGNORED

By 6:15am I was done

johnnyo8148

It's never happened to me before and I'm either that good or that lucky (i'll take lucky any day of the week). I got out to my spot a little later than I would have liked (about 5:15am) and as I was setting up my decoys, I scared a bird off the roost. I almost packed it up, but figured that it was still early and things would calm down. At 5:50, a flock of geese flew over head and this Tom started gobbling like crazy. I gave him a few clucks and purrs on my slate call and he was interested, but he didn't sound like he was moving all to quickly. I popped in my Hannah Banana call and that was it ...he came into the field and saw my decoy setup and was hooked. I let him strut for a few minutes, looked at my watch -- 6:15am, "Yeah, enough of this." and let the Browning roar. My only disappointment for the morning was that I was using my iOn CamoCam and the footage looked pretty good, but once I pulled the trigger, the camera flew off the barrel of my shotgun and I didn't get the kill shot on cam, but I could not have asked for more.

DSC_0177.JPG

Nice job man, congrats. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Awesome! Congrats on a great bird and hunt :up:

I also used an ION HD camera for my son's youth hunt. What has worked for me is the head strap mount made by ION (specifically for the camera).

I tested it trout fishing at the Flatbrook last year, and it films everything you are looking at, although I looked somewhat like a gynecologist  :rofl:

It worked out well for the youth day hunt and captured the hunt clearly.

It is inexpensive and I believe I picked it up at Walmart in the section where the ION cams are sold. Worth giving a shot....

Awesome! Congrats on a great bird and hunt :up:

I also used an ION HD camera for my son's youth hunt. What has worked for me is the head strap mount made by ION (specifically for the camera).

I tested it trout fishing at the Flatbrook last year, and it films everything you are looking at, although I looked somewhat like a gynecologist  :rofl:

It worked out well for the youth day hunt and captured the hunt clearly.

It is inexpensive and I believe I picked it up at Walmart in the section where the ION cams are sold. Worth giving a shot....

LP, I was going to get the head strap and for some reason, opted not to get it. At least the footage of the bog Tom strutting to my decoys came out really nice, so that was pretty cool. However, I will have to pop over to my local WalMart and see if I can pick one up. Thanks.

I love it when things fall in place.  Congratulations :up:

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member