IGNORED

Turkey Hunting contest Score Board and Stories

Turkeyboy44

BB's score is 65.5 since one spur was 1" and the other was 1-1/4".  It would have been 68 if both spurs were 1-1/4"

Dang, I was trying to squeeze a few extra points for my team, lol

Seriously, I never saw the 1" on the check in sheet until now when I went back cause I didn't remember reading anything and I was like, "Where did the 1 inch come from?"

Thanks for double checking on me :)

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

Yes, sorry I forgot to post the specs.  I always have them write it on the sheet if they're not the same.  Lost points due to a broken spur  :crying:

No need to be concerned I'll be upgrading soon  :praying:  

Edited by B B

Finishing up a hectic week, my daughter got married on Saturday, so I'm just getting around to posting my bowkill turkey last Monday 4/25/16.

Hunting by myself, I had set my blind up Sunday night and listened for birds going to bed, all I saw was one hen before fly up. Slipping into the blind at 5 AM, no birds answered my tree calls. I thought I was in for a long day! After my flydown cackle, I would do a series of yelps every 5 or so minutes. At 6;15, I saw him and his very blue head strutting in at about 80 yards. He came in full strut without a sound right up to and around my decoys. At 6:20 the hunt was over after a 12 yard shot. Love it when a plan comes together. Not the biggest bird I ever shot, but thrilled with the results! 17 lbs 0 ounces, 5 1/8" beard with 1/2" spurs NWTF Score 37.25. 

CRT II Striper Trip 032.JPG