IGNORED

Tannery decision time

Shipping later this week and starting to go through things.. Gonna keep a fox finally lol. Gotta decide on one or two.

I wonder sometimes what keeps me going in a terrible market.. I slowed down and didn't push this year but still broke the landmark figure on canines which I'm proud of to have done 4 years in a row now. But the driving force in a crappy market for me is the possibility of what that next animal will be. Still in search of that super select red, which will never happen here in jersey but it's nice to dream, lol

My decision is down to one of these 3 for now lol

D6EAE0CF-B499-4ED5-A3B2-11C7508304EB_zps

And maybe this one.. Nafa will likely grade this one as a cross fox again. Maybe I'll just hold onto it.. I catch plenty of darks but black tipped guard hairs I've only gotten 2 now and the other was from vermont.

A7C27876-B18D-4398-AD9A-03C0C4118EB7_zps

0C4AA71F-4F98-4225-81E5-4D14358C7480_zps

Kind of you to say Kype..Thank you

Keen eye..Think ive eliminated 1 of those three but there is still 2 in play.  The 1 you mention Im leaning toward.

I say I'll never get a select in the heavy or semi-heavy sections here..I could be wrong.  This top one is the closest I came and I think it would have gone select if I hadnt hip snared it.  Graded slight damage...deservingly.  I was pissed when I saw how I caught it because i knew immediately how good it was.  It was a February fox too.  The one below was also a February fox and damn good but caught a week or two too late.  Back hairs were just starting to break.  Still graded fantastic but one lot short of the selects.

flanks9_zps45944d2a.jpg

But the best ever for me...hip snared.  Epic fail on that one.

1291BF02-D1BF-4024-A788-08CDF9887397-245

Edited by bt bowhunter

What is the castor used for?

some of the top chefs in the cities use them for cooking ingredients. other then a food ingredient, baits to attract other beavers. theres a lot of uses for castor, but can only remember those two right now. 

• 1 month later...