IGNORED

Tannery decision time

Me?

I made a run up there last week.. I had an order for 3 beaver, I had one xl done for myself. I sent all 3 otter, my cat, the 3 best coyotes and a couple fox. I had an Iowa raccoon I had sent to me for my own collection.

I'll look to list the coyotes, otter, cat and maybe a fox for sale prior to Christmas.

They've made some changes there.. New guy seems to be running front of house.. Much more organized.. Email notifications now and other means of payment being accepted.. He was nice enough to give me a tour.. They had everything going on including lions and bears.. But I gravitated toward the ranch fox. My lord they are something

E74BA3F9-EA47-4941-8C57-CC4EBE9C9285_zps

654ECF34-4F5A-4FD7-BD79-D9B3C09ACB8B_zps

That is a lot of hard work there!

Looks fantastic.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Not only is it not really a cross fox, lol but it graded as a *I labeled skin in the second lot in all the cross fox, lol...go figure.

On a different note, rough grade rest of the the way.. o heavies and less than 10% semi out of just under a hundred on this auction on the fox..typically Im 10% heavies and 15-20% semi.

Miraculously had a heavy dark beaver left over magically become a semi heavy Brown... Ive heard of those shenanigans before but this is my first experience with magical shifting grades from one auction to the next lol.

lol nice, there was some people crying on t-man or ny trappers the other day cant remember which, the avgs they mentioned seemed par for the course. the coon guys were crying the worst, like they didn't know what was coming. lol lol

Yeah the only coons I had were incidentals and a couple I had to catch off deer spots for a group.

Grade was harsh on them too..Im typically 50% Selects and this time I had 50% I-II,,

Those are bad graded coon.  But looking at the catalog there werent alot of Selects or I's.

Same with fox..the catalog for heavies is tiny,  I can live with a tough grade in a down market but re-grading a beaver that was a select Heavy the last two auctions to a select Semi-heavy is horse****.

Edited by bt bowhunter