IGNORED

FL & PA Reciprocity Changed! -- OH & AZ Non-Resident -- Other Info

FL & PA Reciprocity Changed! -- OH & AZ Non-Resident -- Other Info

The PA AG has posted a newly signed Reciprocity Agreement with Florida. The wording has changed. It now states:

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall give full faith and credit to a valid Concealed Handgun License issued by the State of Florida to legal residents of the State of Florida;

PA already had a signed agreement with FL and now they have signed a new one. PA has been in a running argument with residents of PA carrying in PA with a FL Non-Resident Permit/License. Mainly in Philadelphia is where this has been coming up.

But from the new agreement PA will no longer Honor the FL Non-Resident Permit/License. FL no longer puts the Address of their Permit/License holder on the Permit/License so your state issued ID will tell them your state of Residence. You can read the new agreement here:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...florida_pa.pdf

There is also a big argument about Ohio honoring the AZ non-resident permit/license. Ohio will still not honor an AZ permit/license issued to non residents. That is the only non-resident permit/license of the states Ohio honors that it will not honor. AZ put that in the agreement when it was signed in 2004. The AG’s Officer called me today and told me that is still the law and that they are trying to change the agreement to honor AZ non-resident permit/licenses but it will take time.

The News/Legislative Updates page has not seen much added in the last month. There is so much legislation being put forth because of recent events we have just put the link to the NRA Legislative Updates there. I will be adding items but most likely only after they pass and become law. So many people put forth info on Legislation I see no use it duplicating their efforts at this time.

http://handgunlaw.us/

"Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member

Im all for legally carrying a firearm....BUT

In philly weve had serious problems with guys getting locked up multiple times here beating their cases and then going and getting a florida sportsmans permit to carry. We also have a serious problem of witness intimidation which is why our conviction rates are so low.

I don't want to hear the crap of "well the guy beat his case so he should be allowed to carry"

if a person gets locked up repeatedly they are a problem person who doesn't need access to a firearm. I love this decision!

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

For some reason link to the PDF doesn't seem to be working now. :banghead:

Here is more info:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=6811

February 8. 2013

Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane Implements Gun Safety Reform: Closes Gun Loophole with Florida

(PHILADELPHIA AND HARRISBURG, PA) - Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen G. Kane today closed the "Florida Gun Loophole" that previously gave Pennsylvanians - who were not also Florida residents and who were either denied, found ineligible or had gun permits revoked - the ability to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit from the state of Florida. Kane's action closes the Commonwealth's 12-year-old "Florida Gun Loophole" by requiring Concealed Carry Permit holders to be a resident of Florida [see addendum for new agreement].

"Our state's gun traffic and permits should never be bypassed," said Kane. "Closing this loophole shows that it is possible to swiftly implement common sense gun safety measures that protect our streets. This is my administration's first official step, but it certainly will not be our last."

"This is a significant step toward making Philadelphia, and the entire Commonwealth, safer for all residents," said Mayor Michael A. Nutter. "Modification of the firearm reciprocity agreement with Florida will ensure that all citizens with Concealed Carry Permits in Pennsylvania have met the standards set forth by our great state. I congratulate Attorney General Kane for taking swift action on this important issue."

Under the new gun reciprocity agreement with Florida entered into by Attorney General Kane, Pennsylvanians - who may have a Florida gun permit without being a Florida resident - will have 120 days under the agreement to obtain a Pennsylvania concealed carry permit [see addendum]. Today, there are approximately 4,000 Pennsylvanians, who have obtained a Florida permit.

In 1995, the Pennsylvania General Assembly gave the Attorney General the authority to enter into reciprocity agreements with other states.

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania currently has formal written reciprocity agreements with eighteen states that recognize a valid license to carry firearms issued by Pennsylvania. Conversely, Pennsylvania recognizes valid firearm carry licenses/permits from those states. In addition to the 18 formal agreements, other forms of reciprocity are applicable -- in total Pennsylvania has agreements with 28 states.

For additional details on Firearm Reciprocity Agreements in Pennsylvania, please visit the Attorney General's Reciprocity Agreement page. For additional details on carrying firearms in Pennsylvania, please visit the Pennsylvania State Police's website.

NOTICE FROM ATTORNEY GENERAL KATHLEEN G. KANE

The Attorney General of Pennsylvania has entered into a modification of the current firearm reciprocity agreement with the state of Florida. This reciprocity agreement previously permitted citizens of Pennsylvania who were not also Florida residents to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit (hereinafter "CCP"wink from the state of Florida. The CCP would then be honored in Pennsylvania without the need for a CCP granted by a Pennsylvania issuing authority. This agreement has been modified as follows pursuant to the authority of the Attorney General of Pennsylvania as found in 18 Pa.C.S. § 6109(k)(1):

1. If you are currently a resident of Pennsylvania only and have a CCP from the state of Florida, your Florida permit will no longer be recognized in Pennsylvania 120 days from the date of this Notice, or on June 8, 2013. In the proscribed time period you may apply for a CCP in the county of your residence. Please be aware that your local Sheriff or Police Department (in cities of the First Class) will have forty-five (45) days from the date of your application on which to grant or deny your application for a CCP.

2. If you are a dual resident of Pennsylvania and Florida you need not apply for a CCP in Pennsylvania if you currently hold a CCP from Florida. You must, however, carry with you proof of your Florida citizenry/residence along with your CCP identification when you are carrying a concealed firearm either on your person or in a vehicle.

3. If you are a resident of Florida only and have a CCP from Florida it will continue to be honored in Pennsylvania with all the same rights and recognition as contained in the Reciprocity Agreement between said States.

IMPORTANT

This Notice does not impact the validity of Pennsylvania CCP's issued to residents of Pennsylvania. All valid and unexpired Pennsylvania CCP's remain in full force and effect. Further, if you are a resident of Pennsylvania only and have a CCP from Pennsylvania it will continue to be honored in Florida with all the same rights and recognition as contained in the Reciprocity Agreement between said States.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member

Im all for legally carrying a firearm....BUT

In philly weve had serious problems with guys getting locked up multiple times here beating their cases and then going and getting a florida sportsmans permit to carry. We also have a serious problem of witness intimidation which is why our conviction rates are so low.

I don't want to hear the crap of "well the guy beat his case so he should be allowed to carry"

if a person gets locked up repeatedly they are a problem person who doesn't need access to a firearm. I love this decision!

Posted this info simply because I know some members have FL carry permits they used in PA and just want to make them aware of this non-resident change. ;)

NRA life member

If you are carrying a handgun in your car in Pa. you still need a CCW. I get a Sportsmans license every year in Pa. to carry a handgun. The sportsmans license allows you to transport a handgun or open carry only. The license is used by fellas that use a handgun for rifle season.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

If you are carrying a handgun in your car in Pa. you still need a CCW. I get a Sportsmans license every year in Pa. to carry a handgun. The sportsmans license allows you to transport a handgun or open carry only. The license is used by fellas that use a handgun for rifle season.

Stevo - how does one get that license in PA? I've often thought of hunting with my .44 mag during PA's rifle season and knew I needed some permit or license. County agent? State? PA being a Commonwealth is a lot different than many states, I know.

Sorry for the hijack.