IGNORED

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, Introduce Yourself!

BowhunterNJ

My name is Jack Spoto, I've been a hunter for 45 years. I've been heavily into the outdoor community for over 30 years. I am the former President of UBNJ for 4 years and the current executive vice president of the organization. My old username used to be Thunderbolt, after a PSE model that once was my favorite bow, now its MyReezening after my current Mathews Reezen. The name change is symbolic because I want to get away from the old and usher in the new. I'm disclosing this fact because I don't want to seem like I'm hiding who I am. I havent crusied the bowsites bcause for years there was a lot of nonsense on the other bowsites, I have never found that to be the case on this site. At 55 years old, I'm done with the drama, finished with the haters and I'm looking forward to retirement in a couple of years. But before that day comes I'd like to continue helping the bowhunters of our state. So my time here will be spent informing you of what I know, what is coming down the pike, new legislation, UBNJ events, what the organization is doing, I will keep my opinions to myself, but be objective when you express your opinion to me, as long as it can be done in a civil manner, we can have a dialogue! Our organization will strive to help promote bowhunting and bowhunters at all times, but we need to know what you're thinking, that's where you come in. We will be developing a series of surveys on our UBNJ website to gauge what HUNTERS not just Bowhunters are thinking. With these results we will plot our next course of action. These are the things we want to accomplish:

What do you think about the quality of hunting in our state?

What changes would you like to see enacted in our game codes and legislation?

What issues do you think UBNJ should be concentrating on?

There are so many issues we can tackle, but we need your help! Mind you that the UBNJ Council is around 20 dedicated members, that enough just to really keep the organization floating.

If you are an ex-council member and there's an issue you want to make your crusade, come on back, roll up your sleeves and let's get it done.

If you're a hunter and want to get involved, like me to save our sport for your kids and grandkids, it's easy to get involved, just call me.

Younger hunters, the future is not guarenteed if you want to hunt for the rest of your life and see your kids hunt, you need to get involved now.

Our current council is starting to creep up in age, the anti's ain't going nowhere, wait till you see the sh!+storm they start when we start hunting bears with the bow next year.

There's so many issues we need to tackle but we need your help.

Sportsmen need a voice and there's strenght in numbers.

The door is open, come on in let's do something great!

call me at 973-820-3364 or email me at Jack.Spoto@ubnj.org

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families and be safe out there!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I see a lot of familiar names. Great people too! I'm spending much of my bow season working with my son who is enjoying his first year bowhunting. I've been at this game of hunting for 40 years. Its a lifestyle for me. I feel closer to God when outdoors then anywhere else. I'm Mike, and I enjoy Hunting, fishing, and laughing. I hope to share a smile or 2 with you!

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

Hello all,

A few weeks ago, for the first time ever, I was banned (temporarily) from an intenet forum (my crime was making fun of the totalitarian administrator's poor English skills).  

Havent been back there since then, even though my temporary ban ended.    Figured I'd join the departed NJH hoards here.  I'll most likely receive a permanent NJH ban as soon as I go back and post there anyway.

BG

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775