IGNORED

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, Introduce Yourself!

BowhunterNJ

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi my name is John. I was born and raised in New Jersey and never lived any where else. I have been hunting in this state for 37 years now. I hunt in Zone 8 which is in Hunterdon County. Shot my best buck back in 2012. I also hunt at my parent's farm down in Virginia. I mostly gun and muzzy hunt but, when I get the time, I do try to go out and hunt with the bow.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

• 1 month later...

Slammer Tarhunt! :up:

I'm Matt...

I'm 33 but my body feels like it's 150 years old and I'm mentally and emotionally about 7.

Besides hunting, fishing, trapping and shooting, I like....ummm...Nope that's about it. lol Well actually there's also taxidermy, wood-working and playing guitar. 

Here's a list of things I used to do for fun but can't now: 

Ride Motorcycles (dirt and street)

Goaltender hockey (ice and roller)

Baseball (catcher, 3rd base)

Weightlifting

Running

Here's a list of things I do without any fun involved:

Work on rusted vehicles.

Yardwork

Housework

General home maintenance.

Wash clothes and dishes

Bathe

Shovel Snow

Rake leaves

Clean gutters

Learn to use technology

etc 

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

• 4 weeks later...

I'm from Warren County NJ. Born and raised in NJ, but lived in Long Island and Rhode Island for a while.
I'm the President of Ridge and Valley Trout Unlimited. We are the Warren County Chapter of TU in NJ. We meet at the Peuqest fish Hatchery every third Thursday of the month.

www.RidgeandValleyTU.org

I recently met BowhunterNJ at a couple of our RVTU outings. Matt told me about his site, so now I'm am here ;-) 

As far as interests goes well Fly Fishing, Fly Tying, Fly Rod Building,  Ducatis, Cigars, Scotch & Bourbon, and Pistol Range (new addiction)

Fredy