IGNORED

Shed Hunting? Only found 9 so far as bucks still holding

Buckmaster

Some bucks dropped at 6 day

I guess it's possible for bucks to start shedding anytime after the velvet molt.. But I wonder just what triggers it so early?.. Genetic defect?.. weird weather?.. or the buck all ready got his quota for the year?.. :hmmmer:

Edited by Axiom

:D

You can tell by the dark antlers...he's been rubbing on those south jersey pines! :rofl:

Nah - finally found out what was rubbing my cedars and hemlocks...... Should be a shooter next year, if he makes it. It's obvious by the lack of mass, he was only 2.5 to 3.5 years old this past season....

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

These are the only ones I found so far - in the snow Presidents' Day

Jack would you be willing to sell them? I chased that buck all over Whittingham till the last day. I have him on cam at least 4 times. I had a shot on him in October but passed to let him grow another year. as he walked away  knew I made a mistake. I never got another crack at him. 

Scott I'll tell you what- since you had a personal relationship with him, I'll sell you the left half for $90, which is a bargain at $1 per inch. I just hope he puts on a few more inches and more mass next year, I will definitely think about releasing on him if he does. Also he was only a 16pt, and those two stickers coming off the bases on each side will only be deductions in the typical category, so I was hoping he loses them next season.

Edited by JHbowhunter

I shot a big 10pt once….

Question for Sugar aka "P&Y official scorer" regarding the existence of a G5 on the left side? Or - would you score that a split G4 thus a deduction? This is important to know, if that buck is not a typical 6x6 no way I am shooting him next season, other than to take him out of the gene pool.

I shot a big 10pt once….

Jack...it appears to originate out of the G 4 that alone would make it a non typ point. Could it be a common base? Possibly but couldn't tell without seeing it.

Also a typical point must come off the TOP of the main beam.

Yeah that's what I figured. Damn these inferior NJ genetics...

I shot a big 10pt once….