IGNORED

Does anyone shoot these bullets?

My sons and I use the XTP 300 grain mag pistol bullets. They are accurate but, I have noticed from the last few years, they leave virtually no blood trail. We've shot approximately 20 deer with these bullets and what we've found is that, the first 50 to 60 yards, there is no blood trail. So, keep that in mind if you start shooting them. We plan on trying a different bullet for this year.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I shoot the XTP's but I don't purchase those over priced packages. I buy a 100 count box of the same XTP bullets that would be used for pistol reloading. I use "Harvester crush rib sabots purchased separately.  It is about 1/2 the price per shot and the crush rib sabots engage the rifling better plus they load easier.

I get the same or better accuracy as the overpriced 20 packs.

Edited by 230jhp

The above Hornady SST is the bullet I use in my .50 Cal Accura Mountain Rifle.

Easy to load, great accuracy, dropped my son's buck nearly in his tracks last month.

Recommend it highly! :up:  :up:

Edited by LPJR

if you got them for free and are dialed in with them, use them. 2 of my friends shoot the SSTs and are happy with them. No experience with the XTPs so others can comment.

I personally shoot 300 grain parker ballistic extremes. Very accurate and great terminal performance. Gives you the best of both worlds. Little pricier than some other bullets but they are quality.