IGNORED

A short Orvis video of fishing restored Musconetcong waters

Bucksnbows

OK, I have to do some bragging here.  The angler is my young friend, Andrew Dang.  I guided him to his first ever trout on a fly rod.  By the end of that half day (4 hour) trip, he landed 13 more.  He is now a phenom and here he is catching some nice trout in two sections of the Wild & Scenic Musconetcong River in waters that I restored.  Short video, but enjoy.....

http://www.orvis.com/flyfishingvideos/freshwater/spirit-of-fall-in-new-jersey/

Edited by Bucksnbows

Brian,    You should be proud to have help create a future steward of our waters and sport.

He's an amazing kid.  Straight As in school.  He attended our (NJ Trout Unlimited) Coldwater Conservation School at Stokes two Junes ago and was the head of the class, so to speak.  Last summer he was selected from hundreds as one of only a handful of teens to attend TU's national youth summit which I think was out in Utah last year.  There he met and interacted with like-minded teen conservationists interested in coldwater conservation and he got to fly fish some fabled waters.  This kid can do whatever he wants in life, and I can't wait to see where he is headed.  I told him I would hire him right out of college if he was interested in a job in my industry, and he's still just a freshman in high school.  

He's an amazing kid.  Straight As in school.  He attended our (NJ Trout Unlimited) Coldwater Conservation School at Stokes two Junes ago and was the head of the class, so to speak.  Last summer he was selected from hundreds as one of only a handful of teens to attend TU's national youth summit which I think was out in Utah last year.  There he met and interacted with like-minded teen conservationists interested in coldwater conservation and he got to fly fish some fabled waters.  This kid can do whatever he wants in life, and I can't wait to see where he is headed.  I told him I would hire him right out of college if he was interested in a job in my industry, and he's still just a freshman in high school.  

That's so great to see in a kid!!   :up:  :up:

Very well done, all the way around!

Too funny, I was just talking with my son about learning and doing more fly fishing on the Flatbrook this spring....

Nice job on the water restoration, as well as passing on your love of the sport! :up:  :up: