IGNORED

SA sports fever crossbow 175 pound draw

porpora

yup stings are from the manufacture and i lube the rail and string every 4 to 7 shots.the serving more starts to get loose and push itself from the center of the string then break a few shot later.and some times the nylon string fibers loosen them selves up and hang with no tension one guy on amazon had a similar problem and tool the bow apart and polished the cam that holds the string back im trying that for now.  going to try to post some pic.

dose anyone here have a SA sports fever crossbow?i have used one for a year or two now and the stings wear out every 30 shots.and i was hoping some one may know how to fix it.   

I have that crossbow and have never had an issue with the string going that quickly. I would contact the manufacturer -- just to make sure that there isn't a defect on that xbow. I've dealt with SA Sports last year and they are really good people, so they may be able to give you an idea as to what might be going on. It's a great crossbow -- haven't used it for deer (a little loud), but I use it for small game and groundhogs.

yup i sent sa sports a email a day or two back and they just got back to my.they seem like nice people.i think i polished most of the burr off

the dog/cam.next time i have time to shoot it more then a few times i will update.

your so right on how loud the bow is i think it is only a step or two down from a  22cal rifle in terms of loudness.      

Edited by porpora

• 3 months later...

yup stings are from the manufacture and i lube the rail and string every 4 to 7 shots.the serving more starts to get loose and push itself from the center of the string then break a few shot later.and some times the nylon string fibers loosen them selves up and hang with no tension one guy on amazon had a similar problem and tool the bow apart and polished the cam that holds the string back im trying that for now.  going to try to post some pic.

In regards to lubing the rail and serving, think "less is more".. If you saturate the center serving with rail lube, you can prematurely cause the serving to loose it's tension within the serving itself causing it to loosen up, then while at full draw the latches kinda cause the serving to separate and once they start to loose their tightness, you need to have it reserved or replace the string . Not to say the latched didn't need to be polished but it's just not necessary to lube the serving or rail so much. 

Just an fyi: I clean my rail with a cotton ball and a little bit of WD-40, then wipe it down with a clean dry cloth. Then run a bead of rail lube and spread it out with my finger tip all the way up the rail to the serving on the string but I do not work it into the serving.. I do this maybe two or three time a  year and I shoot a lot.. I've never had premature serving wear doing it this way.. Hope this helps..

Good luck,

Ed