IGNORED

Hunting snare kills Woolwich family dog at Locke Avenue Park

ACarbone624

not good.

hope he had his tag on the snare.

i would like to see the PERSON who trapped there handled, then the 1000 trappers in the entire state.

United Bowhunters of New Jersey

New Jersey Fur Harvester
New Jersey Trappers Association
National Trappers Association

The New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife is currently investigating the incident. According to Smith, they division has a suspect and is looking into legal action against the owner of the snare
Seems the snare was tagged.

:whistling: The dogs owner is just as wrong as the trapper assuming the trapper was doing so illegally ..

"Article I. General Regulations… 135-1 Prohibited conduct…

(25)… …. All domestic animals in those areas where such animals are permitted shall be adequately restrained at all times…."

If the dog was on a leash, none of this would have happened

:D

Just saying but there is a bike path through glassboro wma & folks all the time swear its a state park

That place gets so much traffic it's unreal. Every time I drive through there I see alot of vehicles...some parked, some just driving through.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

and some driving, while fido follows.

they are trolling for snares.

i got into a slight verbal with a housing development woman while slowly driving the roads with her dogs running around following her. this was during trapping season, and we were running a trapline.

United Bowhunters of New Jersey

New Jersey Fur Harvester
New Jersey Trappers Association
National Trappers Association

Sucks about the dog. I've been in that park thousands of times as my son's sports are held there and I can't believe that someone would have set something that close to the path. My guess is that whoever did it never thought that people would be out there in February. Or thought that he or she was still in a part of the Raccoon Creek WMA. I was going to walk around in that area because it is a deer mecca and I know that there are sheds in there, but think I'll pass for now.