IGNORED

Bear broadheads

Deadeyekev

I would put 100% faith in any VPA broadheads... Shot the vented 100s and non-vented 100s for years.. Now to get a heavier arrow in anticipation of going for bigger game than whitetails some day, I moved up to the 125s... Simply amazing performance - and I control the sharpness not the factory once I get them. The toughest best penetrating BH I have ever seen in over 31 years of bow hunting. They are made to practice often, sharpen just before you hunt. I get them shaving sharp in seconds with ease...Β  Solid, one pieceΒ solid steelΒ - no welds like Snuffers, Hellrazors or Montecs. Β I could not imagine a better BH for bears... No replaceable blade to mess around with,Β  just shoot, sharpen, hunt again. Shoot, sharpen, hunt again. I have up to 7 deer on one head, and only aΒ pass through into aΒ white oak broke that streak as I could not remove the BH from the tree. Β Β Β  Also - they fly like my field points but I pretty much just practice with themΒ only, Β once season starts...

0130132024.jpg

IMG_1476.JPG

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Have you noticed any difference between vented and non vented?

Β 

The vented are supposedly a tad more forgiving to shooting form errors... And have a slightly strong ferrule (both have same exact dimensions so vented distributes a little more steel in the ferrule but non-vented would have slightly stronger blades... That is literally splitting hairs though. I carry both, and shoot the vented on windier days, but the differences are so minute barely measureable.Β  Also if it concerns you - the non-vented are as silent as quiet can be - and would presumably penetrate a little better as no vents to get hung up on hair or fat or meat.Β  All vented blades will emit a little more hiss than non-vented broadheads, but I never saw the deer notice...Β Β  If I had to pick just one - I would still lean toward the non-vented but again just splitting hairs.

I shot a big 10pt once….

• 4 weeks later...

I'm test driving a few fixed heads right now and they're all flying pretty nicely.Β  I have a DRT, a Slick Trick Viper Trick, and a QAD Exodus that I've been shooting and I like them all.Β Β From the way they're flying from my bow and what I've read on various other websites, I'd feel comfortable using any of the 3 heads on whitetails or bear.Β 

Β 

I'd love to get my hands on a Magnus Hornet and a Slick Trick Grizztrick 2 to complete the testing before I make a decision and spend any more money.Β  Anybody have any to spare?Β  Β  :lookaround:

http://rayzor-vpa.com/VPA-Custom-Shop-125-3-Blade-VPA-CS125-3B.htm

Β 

Β 

FOR LPJR - wanted to know perfect head his kid can sharpen in lower pound bow... This custom shop VPA 125 has longer profile and is perfect. (increased penetration)

I shot a big 10pt once….

Shot placement is key as they are not hard to kill. Β I used a Dead Ringer Trauma and it worked great. Β Also seen lots of bears fall to the Dead Ringer Rampage and other broad heads as well. Β Again, shot placement.

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

I am not understanding to the whole test drive thing. I have shot the same bow for 22 years and the same broadhead for 30 years. I have a couple of other bows i mix in from time to time when the stick bow isn't the best choice. I have killed countless deer and lost maybe 3 and that was because my shot placement was off nothing to do with the head. People need to realize that 90% of the crap you see on the market today is to catch sportsman's wallets and not game. Give me a heavy 2 blade head that I can hand sharpen and I will give you a dead deer every time. The Ziwickey Eskimo 2 blade kills everything from Elk to Hogs to Deer from 35 pound draw stick bows to 200# draw crossbows. Too many gimmicks out there. Give me a heavy full length aluminum or wood shaft and a heavy bone shattering cut on contact head any day.Β 

I am not understanding to the whole test drive thing. I have shot the same bow for 22 years and the same broadhead for 30 years. I have a couple of other bows i mix in from time to time when the stick bow isn't the best choice. I have killed countless deer and lost maybe 3 and that was because my shot placement was off nothing to do with the head. People need to realize that 90% of the crap you see on the market today is to catch sportsman's wallets and not game. Give me a heavy 2 blade head that I can hand sharpen and I will give you a dead deer every time. The Ziwickey Eskimo 2 blade kills everything from Elk to Hogs to Deer from 35 pound draw stick bows to 200# draw crossbows. Too many gimmicks out there. Give me a heavy full length aluminum or wood shaft and a heavy bone shattering cut on contact head any day.Β 

so you drive the same car/truck over and over?Β  do you test drive a new one before you buy it?Β Β do youΒ wear the same shoes over and over?Β  do you try on the new pair before you plop down your hard-earned cash?Β 

Β 

I'm "test driving" a fixed blade head because I have been shooting mechanicals for the past 5 years and I'd like to go back to fixed heads now that we have the opportunity to bow hunt bears in this wonderful state of ours.Β 

Β 

There is absolutely nothing gimmickey about any of the heads I listed above. They're simple, 3 and 4 blade heads, with time tested and proven designs.Β  Heck, I even have a few old green Bear razorheads that my dad hunted with that I have been shooting because I might even use them.Β  Please tell me how aΒ solidly built 3 blade head like the exodus or a time tested design like the DRT or Hornet or Grizztrick 2 is gimmicky.Β  I'd love to hear itΒ 

Β 

What exactly is it about the concept ofΒ testing out a product before attempting to shoot it through an animal that got you so butt hurt?

so you drive the same car/truck over and over?Β  do you test drive a new one before you buy it?Β Β do youΒ wear the same shoes over and over?Β  do you try on the new pair before you plop down your hard-earned cash?Β 

Β 

I'm "test driving" a fixed blade head because I have been shooting mechanicals for the past 5 years and I'd like to go back to fixed heads now that we have the opportunity to bow hunt bears in this wonderful state of ours.Β 

Β 

There is absolutely nothing gimmickey about any of the heads I listed above. They're simple, 3 and 4 blade heads, with time tested and proven designs.Β  Heck, I even have a few old green Bear razorheads that my dad hunted with that I have been shooting because I might even use them.Β  Please tell me how aΒ solidly built 3 blade head like the exodus or a time tested design like the DRT or Hornet or Grizztrick 2 is gimmicky.Β  I'd love to hear itΒ 

Β 

What exactly is it about the concept ofΒ testing out a product before attempting to shoot it through an animal that got you so butt hurt?

First off I am not butt hurt at all. My brother shoots the slick trick and kills every deer he hits and also has a bear with one. I am sorry to come off with the test drive wording. I in no means ment to single you out. I was just saying that Indians used to kill buffalo with a stick and stone head. If you put a field point in the heart the bear is dead. I have a buddy who I argue with all the time because he kills four deer one year switches heads the next and loses a deer or two switches back to the muzzy and kills them again then switches. If you have something that works why switch. As far as my trucks I have owned 4 since I started driving at age 17. I am 43 now. Lol I don't like change.