IGNORED

Boar hunt update

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome story' date=' I would enjoy that, would a Ruger .357 take one down? Don't hunt at all with firearms but dang I wouldn't mind taking out the pistol and letting go on a piggy.

[/quote']

Sure a .357 would get the job done. I would go with a head shot with a .357. When I was out there last year a hunter had a .357 lever action, he pumped 3 or 4 shots into a pig and just ran off and had to be shot one last time in the head.

Just use your bow. I wish I would have brought my bow last year instead of a slug gun.

That's pretty cool. How much meat do you get from a 400lb hog?

I'm not sure yet but I think a lot from the impressions the guides gave. I'll let you know when I pick up the meat next week

Awesome story' date=' I would enjoy that, would a Ruger .357 take one down? Don't hunt at all with firearms but dang I wouldn't mind taking out the pistol and letting go on a piggy.

[/quote']

Absolutely, with a shot right behind the ear the pig would go down like a sack of potatoes. .357 is a cannon!

sounds like you had a good time..... but don't let Stevo see this thread:stirring:

Funny you should mention that! Stevo is actually interested in doing this hunt

Its called island exoctics. Island is only a mile long' date=' not sure why you feel like you walked alot.ive done the island three times, always a good time. Its not really a hunt, more of a kill.

[/quote']

We went all the way up the left side to get the first two, then back down the right side going back towards the shack, then back up the left side about 3/4 of the way where we got the last two, then back to the shack for lunch. I guess they were moving or we didn't see them because we only had 4 guys (tomorrow they have 12 hunters going plus 3 guides), so we were a very small group. We walked close to 3 1/2 miles I'd say, and this winter hasn't been kind to me, I'm extremely outta shape lol.

Glad you had a good time! When I went out there I took a giant pig with my recurve and a pure white Dall Sheep with a full curl with my muzzy.

The pigs are some hearty animals and I stuck 4 arrows in the heart and lungs with a 65 lb stickbow before it expired. Amazing!

Excellence, in anything, never occurs by chance

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable