IGNORED

Fitness Tips for the Average American

Rusty

You mean drinking 18 beers, eating 2# of smoked beef brisket, summer sausage, horseradish cheese, spicy beef sticks, a TAYLOR HAM, egg, and cheese sandwich, and of course house special low mein can spoil a week's worth of "good eating"?  I'll tell you what else it does, it really messes with your annual physical two days later when the lab results come back and your GP is wondering how you're still alive (yeah, true story...).

Lol.  That's what I mean. Sounds about right to me for what I can put down on a cheat day if I wanted to.  Hell, This past weekend we had guest from out of town, and they eat like crap so by default I pretty much sat around the house and ate garbage all weekend long.  I still feel like crap and they left 4 days ago.  

I actually had the same thing happen with my doctor a few years ago.  I ate a bunch of garbage 2 days before my physical and my bloodwork was atrocious, especially compared to my typical numbers.  My doctor called me with the numbers and I could hear the concern in his voice.  When he uploaded the results on to the system and I checked them, I saw why he was concerned    

I agree 100% with the idea of trying not to complicate things.

It is a very simple formula:

Calories in .vs calories burned

That's it. Like others have said here no need to do any trendy crazy fad diets. Just a few simple changes will make a big difference.

Chobani Greek yogurt with 0% fat: 100-120 calories

Special K protein bar: 110 calories

Piece of fruit (Apple, banana, orange): 100 calories

Few slices of turkey on low cal whole grain bread or whole wheat wrap: 300 calories

Normal sized sensible dinner - eat any food you live and enjoy, just be smart about it.

No extra snacking or gluttonous desserts

That will be a controlled calorie intake for most people.

Now, add to that some excercises and activity and you will absolutely loose weight the right way.

What you do when you get tempted by some chocloate chip cookies or other garbage is just chew them a little and then spit them out.  Sometimes I will chew and spit out a dozen cookies.   :up:   Very satisfying...

Sadly my temptation is ice cream, and once I've chewed it a bit there's no spitting it back out.   :rofl:

My cardiologist agrees that the occasional cheat day or cheat meal is fine so long as it is also in moderation.  A cheat day doesn't mean a day of gluttony but rather go ahead and eat that steak so long as you'e doing it right the rest of the time.  Exercise can help us overcome even those cheat meals, something I have not made time for in far too long and it shows.... 

I agree 100% with the idea of trying not to complicate things.

It is a very simple formula:

Calories in .vs calories burned

That's it. Like others have said here no need to do any trendy crazy fad diets. Just a few simple changes will make a big difference.

Chobani Greek yogurt with 0% fat: 100-120 calories

Special K protein bar: 110 calories

Piece of fruit (Apple, banana, orange): 100 calories

Few slices of turkey on low cal whole grain bread or whole wheat wrap: 300 calories

Normal sized sensible dinner - eat any food you live and enjoy, just be smart about it.

No extra snacking or gluttonous desserts

That will be a controlled calorie intake for most people.

Now, add to that some excercises and activity and you will absolutely loose weight the right way.

Well, that's only partially true. Not all calories are created equally and not all macros affect your body the same way.  Also, not everyone's bodies metabolize each nutrient identically.  Essentially, it's calories in vs calories out.  But in actuality , it's far more complicated than that. 

Also, No-fat yogurt isn't actual food.  Neither is a special K protein bar or bread or a wrap.  You couldn't pay me to put something like that in my body.  

I have not seen a more effective weight loss than a good case of salmonella or food poisoning...      I was down nearly 8lb recently, now just trying to keep it off and even double it!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I have not seen a more effective weight loss than a good case of salmonella or food poisoning...      I was down nearly 8lb recently, now just trying to keep it off and even double it!

The lazy man's diet and exercise plan.  No lifting, no cardio, eat what you like.  Just lick a couple of truck stop toilet seats and you're good to go.  Just in time for bathing suit season...

The lazy man's diet and exercise plan.  No lifting, no cardio, eat what you like.  Just lick a couple of truck stop toilet seats and you're good to go.  Just in time for bathing suit season...

Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwww!!!!

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Hey I do regular core strengthening exercise and stretching for my lower back health, and do a mixture of pushups and weight training too...     Cardio - not so much other than a lot of walking.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

• 1 month later...