IGNORED

Son's 1st Muzzleloader deer!

LPJR

JUST TOOK A WALK THIS MORNING WHERE THE DEER CAME FROM AND FOUND NOT ONLY 1, BUT BOTH SHEDS 2 FEET APART IN A BED FACING THE SUN NEXT TO A THORN BUSH!!!!!! 

This is truly unbelievable. I am going to post the trail cam pics of the deer as well as how the sheds were found in the bed as soon as I figure out how to, LOL!

I cannot wait to see the look on my son's face when he gets home from school

Edited by LPJR

JUST TOOK A WALK THIS MORNING WHERE THE DEER CAME FROM AND FOUND NOT ONLY 1, BUT BOTH SHEDS 2 FEET APART IN A BED FACING THE SUN NEXT TO A THORN BUSH!!!!!! 

This is truly unbelievable. I am going to post the trail cam pics of the deer as well as how the sheds were found in the bed as soon as I figure out how to, LOL!

I cannot wait to see the look on my son's face when he gets home from school!!!!

A little super glue and you are all set.  LOL.

I cannot wait to see the look on my son's face when he gets home from school!!!!

Wow that is cool! If you're tech savvy enough, so should try to video his reaction! Would be a good memory to look back on! :up:

Unreal. Unbelievable. Too good to be true. All ways to briefly describe the recent turn of events. My son and I discussed perhaps finding one or both of the sheds from his deer he harvested last night. I told him to not get his hopes up, however there would be a chance since the deer dropped them within the last 2 weeks.

Today, I had 1 goal and that was to try to locate at least one of them. I began searching the top of a hill where the deer was known to come from.  Standing on a south slope I was amazed how warm it was in the sun.

Looking over a ravine, I knew the deer could not walk down due to his injuries, or walk too far. In fact his right left hoof was angled upward which would make any walking down difficult. I turned to walk to my right and saw WHITE!  Together, approximately 2 feet apart was not only 1, but BOTH sides of the bucks antlers!!!!  :shock:

They were next to a thorn bush and the pics to follow show how I walked up on them. From the time I saw the buck on the trail cam at night, to the time he dropped his rack, to the time he was actually seen alive in person last night.......What a roller coaster, especially seeing how badly hurt he was.

I placed both in a gift bag and cannot wait to surprise Christopher with them. He is in the "lego club" at school and not home yet. I want to go there right now, lol!

This is the magic of hunting. Enjoy the pics. I know this is a story that my son and kids will hopefully share with and tell their own kids one day.

Edited by LPJR