IGNORED

Passaic County Corrections Officer Again Denied Permit To- purchase a firearm

230jhp

http://www.northjersey.com/news/retired-passaic-county-corrections-officer-again-denied-permit-to-carry-firearm-1.1481928

Stupid North Jersey.com puts the headline that she was denied a permit to carry. The text says she was denied an FPID and a pistol purchase permit.

Regardless this is a bad precedent.

I wonder if the superior court judge is the Muslim judge Christie appointed.

Too much going on in that article to comment but I put on the "other site" that she did have a record of pushing a police officer , I think the application asks if you ever pushed someone not if you were ever convicted so two police officers testified she pushed and hit them but they dropped the charges.

the panel ruled that “the issuance of a gun permit would not be in the interest of public health, safety or welfare.”

The Courts have decided to strip a US citizens right to bear arms with out having a single criminal conviction NOR qualified psychiatric history to justify its actions.. Just because she allegedly did what just about every Red blooded American in this country would probably like to do ( punch police officer in the face ) at some point in their life, does not mean she will ever use a gun for an illegal purpose.. 

If the Judicial system wants to deny people their  rights in the "best interest of public health, safety or welfare"  then they should deny every single democrat their right to vote..

:D

After reading further, I don't have a problem with this denial regardless of the fact she has no convictions.  Doesn't this paragraph bother any one of her defenders?

"Whitaker appealed the denial of her application, but a judge in Superior Court in Paterson upheld the denial, ruling that Whitaker was involved in a domestic dispute, assaulted a police officer and resisted arrest, and that she was in a volatile relationship with her ex-husband. The judge also noted that one of Whitaker’s two references eventually decided not to be a reference."

Edited by Bucksnbows

After reading further, I don't have a problem with this denial regardless of the fact she has no convictions.  Doesn't this paragraph bother any one of her defenders?

"Whitaker appealed the denial of her application, but a judge in Superior Court in Paterson upheld the denial, ruling that Whitaker was involved in a domestic dispute, assaulted a police officer and resisted arrest, and that she was in a volatile relationship with her ex-husband. The judge also noted that one of Whitaker’s two references eventually decided not to be a reference."

Exactly.  Where do you draw the line of when it's reasonable to deny?

Exactly.  Where do you draw the line of when it's reasonable to deny?

And I think the only reason charges were dropped is because she is a corrections officer.  That is purely speculation, but she initially pressed charges against one of the arresting officers.  Sounds a bit unstable to me and not someone I would want having a gun since she was exhibiting unstable behavior (unexplained in the article) during her attempts to obtain the FPID process. 

No it doesn't.. Nor should it.. There is nothing in the judges reasoning that even remotely suggests the woman would use a gun to commit a crime.. .. And I might further add.. If anyone.... ANYONE had any inclination to obtain a gun  for an illegal purpose, Not having an FID card would not stop them from getting one.. And further more, NOBODY in this state needs a gun to do harm or commit a particularly hideous crime ... There are plenty of other ways ..

And I think the only reason charges were dropped is because she is a corrections officer.  That is purely speculation, but she initially pressed charges against one of the arresting officers.  Sounds a bit unstable to me and not someone I would want having a gun since she was exhibiting unstable behavior (unexplained in the article) during her attempts to obtain the FPID process

Nobody cares if you want her to have a gun or not.. She has a right to own one no matter what you, me, him or the government thinks..  And her unstable behavior was probably the result of being given a hard time while she was trying to get her application thrue the system.. Face it, cops will lie or distort the truth to get their way..

I suspect if she has enough money to push this issue up higher in the courts she will eventually win.. But, like I often  point out a lot, No money = no rights in this state..

No it doesn't.. Nor should it.. There is nothing in the judges reasoning that even remotely suggests the woman would use a gun to commit a crime.. .. And I might further add.. If anyone.... ANYONE had any inclination to obtain a gun  for an illegal purpose, Not having an FID card would not stop them from getting one.. And further more, NOBODY in this state needs a gun to do harm or commit a particularly hideous crime ... There are plenty of other ways ..

Seriously?  She has exhibited violence toward both her husband and to police officers.  Is it a giant leap to think she might use a gun for non-legal purposes at some point?  No, which is why I happen to agree with both the police in not issuing her a FPID and the judge that backed up that decision.  

Nobody cares if you want her to have a gun or not.. She has a right to own one no matter what you, me, him or the government thinks..  And her unstable behavior was probably the result of being given a hard time while she was trying to get her application thrue the system.. Face it, cops will lie or distort the truth to get their way..

I suspect if she has enough money to push this issue up higher in the courts she will eventually win.. But, like I often  point out a lot, No money = no rights in this state..

Wrong again.  I care.  I don't want an unstable person in NJ to own a gun, especially one that shows no respect for law enforcement and how beats up her spouse and other LEOs.  There is a reason why some people should not own a gun and this is one of those cases.  The 2nd Amendment doesn't guarantee all citizens the right to keep and bear arms, there are limits by which we all must live.  

Axiom, you are basically saying anyone has the right to own a gun regardless of any other conditions?

What are justifiable reasons to prevent someone from getting an FID?

Granted someone could illegally purchase a firearm, but that doesn't mean we should make it easier for them to acquire one legally.  Doesn't that bring the whole level of gun purchase restrictions into the spotlight when someone who shouldn't be able to purchase a gun can because the laws/rules to do so are perhaps too open/lenient?

Axiom, you are basically saying anyone has the right to own a gun regardless of any other conditions?

Granted someone could illegally purchase a firearm, but that doesn't mean we should make it easier for them to acquire one legally.  Doesn't that bring the whole level of gun purchase restrictions into the spotlight when someone who shouldn't be able to purchase a gun can because the laws/rules to do so are perhaps too open/lenient?

My thoughts exactly.  Say she gets a gun legally one day down the road and turns it on her husband or others.  Now what happens?  And who chooses a reference not knowing 100% that they will give you a good reference?  One of her two references wanted nothing to do with giving her a good reference.  What should the police officer investigating her background do with that information?  I rest better knowing that this person does not own a gun, at least not legally.  She has a history of violence against her spouse and against law enforcement.  What more does one need to deny her the card?  Add one reference that won't give her a good reference and erratic behavior during the process and I think the right conclusions were reached by both the issuing department and a judge on appeal.  Evan Nappen can't help this woman....     

Seriously?  She has exhibited violence toward both her husband and to police officers

Oh she did eh?.. WHERES HER CONVICTION!!!.. WHAT?,, NO CONVICTIONS?.. well then i'm sorry dude but, we ALL have a right to be presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty... Or you don't believe we have that right either?

Is it a giant leap to think she might use a gun for non-legal purposes at some point?  

No its not a "giant Leap".. Its a GARGANTUAN leap... If every domestic dispute ended with one spouse or significant other have a bullet hole in their fore head then half the state of NJ would disappear virtually over night.. And as far as the police officers, Knowing police like I do I cant say she wasn't acting in self defense OR the cops where flat out lying to save their own skin...

No, which is why I happen to agree with both the police in not issuing her a FPID and the judge that backed up that decision.  

So you are saying u agree with the anti constitutional FID card requirement...  If you agree with it then there is no doubt you are ANTI American.. U never served in the military did you..

Axiom,

I hate NJ's FPID law.  I have both lived and worked in many states that don't require such BS to obtain a gun legally over the years.  But IMO she shouldn't own a gun in any state, not just here in NJ.  There is nothing about the NJFPID that requires only a conviction to be denied.  Mental health issues don't require "convictions" nor does violence against a spouse or against LEOs.  And lastly, what does service in our military have to do with any of this?  You really lost me there.  

Granted someone could illegally purchase a firearm, but that doesn't mean we should make it easier for them to acquire one legally.  

I'm say'n we all have a right to bear arms..  Its a right afforded us by the constitution..  If the woman can still legally vote, then she can still own a gun, PERIOD!!!!

Doesn't that bring the whole level of gun purchase restrictions into the spotlight when someone who shouldn't be able to purchase a gun can because the laws/rules to do so are perhaps too open/lenient?

OMG... You sound like your turning into an anti... Again, there is NOTHING in the womans record suggesting she would use a gun for an illegal purpose.. When you start taking away peoples rights because they MIGHT abuse it then, where does that policy stop?.. where do you "draw the line "  there?