IGNORED

what would you do ???

yes that is true but nobody can get on if they dont have a permit for that land.. unlike clinton wma e.t.c

Many towns have no additional rules for hunting on municipally owned lands. Other towns do. It's not a one size fits all. Recently, the Federation and F&G Council were in talks with Hopatcong Twp. because that town thought it needed to pass special laws to allow bow hunting although they had never passed laws against any hunting. They got bad advice from their town's hired attorney (I know, shock and horror, lol). They were told by the Federation, the Division and F&G Council that so long as they don't have any laws preventing hunting, then municipal lands are the same as WMAs or State Parks and Forestry lands that are open to hunting. And for the record, not all WMAs or State Park lands are open for hunting...again, one size does not fit all.

since the guy was hunting from a portable, you might want to also question yourself.

Did he have a permit? you had an opportunity to ask him.

was he hunting there with a portable BEFORE you had hung your stand ??

and possibly you had infringed on an area he had also found and done his homework on , maybe even hunted previous years ??

Had he possibly hunted there alot on days you were not there ??

also sounds like he had got in there earlier than you had so if anything after seeing his truck you might have thought about not walking in later and possibly ruining his hunt ??

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

since the guy was hunting from a portable' date=' you might want to also question yourself.

Did he have a permit? you had an opportunity to ask him.

was he hunting there with a portable BEFORE you had hung your stand ??

and possibly you had infringed on an area he had also found and done his homework on , maybe even hunted previous years ??

Had he possibly hunted there alot on days you were not there ??

also sounds like he had got in there earlier than you had so if anything after seeing his truck you might have thought about not walking in later and possibly ruining his hunt ??

[/quote']

no he didnt before i put the stand up i made sure there was nobody in that area.. i walked all over to double check.. he was not there all year.. why is everbody making me the bad guy

shoot more and shoot more often :elch:

No one is making you out to be the bad guy slayer. I agree if you were there first he should have moved on. But there were no cars there when he pulled up. And like you thought he was alone. You can't be pissed at that. It was dark how could he see your stand? You had the place to yourself all season. I would be glad for that alone.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

Deer slayer def wasnt making you the bad guy , just asking questions.

I put a stand up on Park property that another hunter did not see, and he hung a stand fourty yards away from mine.

since neither of us walked around our chosen areas after hanging those stands neither one of us would have seen the others stand nor the other hunter unless like you just did had hunted the same day.

I saw his tracks going in one day right before the season , as there were e few foot prints on a dirt area that only led up this one hillside, upon looking on the ridgeline I saw his stand . he had also seen the same .

we ended up contacting each other , and both worked around each other and had a great season.

Public land is public land, and the huntable spots on tight pieces are few between . when hunting those tight pieces its not just one guy who understands where the deer are going to be.

on that particular day IF the hunter in question did have a permit AND was in there first , you should have went to another location , after your hunt ended you should have approached him to see IF he had the permit

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/