• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

what would you do ???

22 replies to this topic

#21 Male OFFLINE   deerslayer01

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 02/08/13 - 01:50 AM

since the guy was hunting from a portable, you might want to also question yourself.
Did he have a permit? you had an opportunity to ask him.

was he hunting there with a portable BEFORE you had hung your stand ??

and possibly you had infringed on an area he had also found and done his homework on , maybe even hunted previous years ??

Had he possibly hunted there alot on days you were not there ??

also sounds like he had got in there earlier than you had so if anything after seeing his truck you might have thought about not walking in later and possibly ruining his hunt ??

no he didnt before i put the stand up i made sure there was nobody in that area.. i walked all over to double check.. he was not there all year.. why is everbody making me the bad guy
shoot more and shoot more often :elch:

#22 OFFLINE   Stevo

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02/08/13 - 05:36 AM

No one is making you out to be the bad guy slayer. I agree if you were there first he should have moved on. But there were no cars there when he pulled up. And like you thought he was alone. You can't be pissed at that. It was dark how could he see your stand? You had the place to yourself all season. I would be glad for that alone.
Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

#23 Male OFFLINE   hammer4reel

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 02/08/13 - 05:40 AM

Deer slayer def wasnt making you the bad guy , just asking questions.

I put a stand up on Park property that another hunter did not see, and he hung a stand fourty yards away from mine.
since neither of us walked around our chosen areas after hanging those stands neither one of us would have seen the others stand nor the other hunter unless like you just did had hunted the same day.

I saw his tracks going in one day right before the season , as there were e few foot prints on a dirt area that only led up this one hillside, upon looking on the ridgeline I saw his stand . he had also seen the same .
we ended up contacting each other , and both worked around each other and had a great season.

Public land is public land, and the huntable spots on tight pieces are few between . when hunting those tight pieces its not just one guy who understands where the deer are going to be.

on that particular day IF the hunter in question did have a permit AND was in there first , you should have went to another location , after your hunt ended you should have approached him to see IF he had the permit
Captain Dan Bias

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users