IGNORED

Looking for new career ideas

FLEWTHECOUPE

Well after 15 years I'm a free agent.
Went from working 64 hours a week to a
Phone call waking me up Friday saying don't
Come in tonight. Non union job

I'm not really worried about finding a job yet.
But finding the right job.

I'm not sure where to take my qualifications.

So I'm looking for some ideas.

I've have experience in
Rigging and overhead crane operation (less than 15 ton)
Yearly inspections of lifting slings
Clean room work
Working with radioactive and contaminated machines and parts
Using Various fork lifts, man lifts, scissor platforms,
Ariel booms JLG and GENIE

Cryogenics refrigerator operator 12 hour night shifts
Including emergency response and lead tech responsibilities.
And general maitnance.

Looking for some ideas
So far only things that come to mind is
Trying for an oil refinery or road crew job.

If you got an ideas I'm all ears.
If you got a real good idea a pm may be in order. Lol

Thanks John

I wish you all the best.  I had to reinvent myself about 8 to 9 years ago after being miserable in a 20+ year career in corrugated packaging sales.  Good $$ but not very inspiring work for me.  It took me a long time, but I knew I had to follow my passion for conservation and in the end it all worked out.  I actually met with a career counselor who helped me to see the forest through the trees as it were. It is easy to fall into a rut and keep doing what we've been doing instead of dreaming about a new career path.  

Try Sanzari, I believe his construction company is statewide. Or maybe a hospital maintainence crew with your radioactive and cryogenic background. Even try a state job, the staring pay sucks but the medical benefits area good. Plus hopefully there will be a pension when you retire.

Here is the civil service commission website with job openings. Hopefully it's something that helps. http://info.csc.state.nj.us/Vats/JobView.aspx

Edited by bwd172

Check out some of the Pharmaceutical companies in Cranbury/ S Brunswick area. They seem to be booming these days. Working with machines and clean rm experience you shouldn't have a problem. Let me know if you are interested in something like that, I may be able to give you some contact info. We do security work for several pharma companies in the area. I also am good friends with a guy who works for a marine company with cranes. I could introduce you to him or you could pm fishhunter on njh

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

I say purify your soul with splitting gears and hammering down get in a lighted Christmas tree with wheels and become a creature of the night and drive big rig

Smoke is right on maaaaaan.. Jump up on a big rig and make that detroit scream from NJ to Cali ( i have a cummings isx BTW ) ... well, actaully, you're better off stay"n away from cali.. They'er anal about stuff . Just make a U turn in Nevada.. Thats close enough.. 

You'll have alot of time to think about a new career while ur drive'n.. and trust me, drive'n will have you think'in about nothing other than a new careeer... :cupcoffee:

:D

Start your own LLC and become a "consultant".  Tell people you're an expert at all this stuff, charge them top dollar to reap the benefits of your experience, and then write a book about it.

That's my master plan, I encourage everyone to do the same thing.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.