IGNORED

trout magnets

Kype

Kype, I just saw your post and had to laugh.....I always saw trout magnets at each sport shop while picking up my shrimp salmon eggs for trout fishing in the BIg Flat Brook, and never gave them a try or second look. Until, Joey from Stokes Forest Sport Shop showed me what they were all about last season, AND the importance of the float (that keeps the trout magnet just off the bottom....) I caught and released my limit of rainbows again and again with my little guy this past trout season with them! They are a definite "have to have with me in my vest item" from now on.  :up:  :up:

comes with the assortment of lures. jig heads and floats. after all my trout fishing in the years i would never guess or even think of a trout hitting a little piece of rubber that is split at the end.  :headscratch:

My thoughts Exactly when i first saw the bait! This has since changed, LOL!

Trout magnets are all my little bro uses...He lives in Northcentral Pa and crushes giant brookies,browns and bows on them...

These all went into the smoker for some trout candy!..

Bottom pic is oak orchard mid november...

When the steelhead are running my little brother gets on them real good..

20150506_153243.jpg

20150506_174235.jpg

Picture1004152227_1.jpg

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

• 2 weeks later...

If you are using a float with a trout magnet you arnt using the magnet up to its potential. If you figure out how to drift and jig them compared to just floating them down the stream makes a world of difference

Use the float in a pond or lake, drift/jig/twitch them in streams. You will catch everything on them. Crappies, yellow perch and sunnies kill them too. Also caught pickerel bass and catfish on them. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

If you are using a float with a trout magnet you arnt using the magnet up to its potential. If you figure out how to drift and jig them compared to just floating them down the stream makes a world of difference

Welcome, delawareriver!  

As for the Trout Magnets, are you guys trying to give this fly fishing purist another heart attack??? :)

Actually, truth be told, we fly anglers have the Squirminator fly which is very much the same: http://www.orvis.com/flyfishingvideos/fly-tying/tie-squirminator/