IGNORED

trout magnets

Kype

i decided to pick up a pack of trout magnets today at a local sport shop. i never fished them before. ( i am always trying new lures)  after i got home i walked down the river and had none stop action for the hour i fished. i did not land any trout,  but had some awesome action. a couple of hits happen when the darn thing hit the water.  if you have not tried these yet i highly recommend them.

only thing i can think of is the floats could be more dense. couple drifts i had the float sinking. but other then that..... :up:

My fiance uses them she adds a small split shot they work good the pink ones and the beige grubs she catches trout on them drifting them

yeah i added split shot between float and lure. i was drifting also. had great action on pink, red, and gold. tomorrow morning i will be up for sunrise to try out other colors. i was using my 5' ultra light today. tomorrow i will use my 7' light action. i had to much line drag on the water which is why i thought i wasn't getting good hook sets

Let's go in April that's the best time right after spawn I'm game

suicide run? i always left at midnight. hit the Dunkin Donuts, stopped at fat nancys.  fished to about 3 or 4pm. hit the sub way or ponderosa, then drove home lol. 

im not sure if i can do that now. one year the snow was so bad, i was just getting onto the exit ramp to go home and had a state trooper re direct me to the holiday inn. 

i had an interesting phone call with my boss at the time lol. 

Last time I was uo was in late April they had 3ft if snow it was cold but the river was 350 which is perfect I crushed them megan was 6 months pregnant and battling them in waders she would have floated down the river no worries she looked like she was gonna explode at 6 months I have connections up there john morley they run a guide service float trip he gives me the heads up when it's good we can ear buffet at ponderosa too

Last time I was uo was in late April they had 3ft if snow it was cold but the river was 350 which is perfect I crushed them megan was 6 months pregnant and battling them in waders she would have floated down the river no worries she looked like she was gonna explode at 6 months I have connections up there john morley they run a guide service float trip he gives me the heads up when it's good we can ear buffet at ponderosa too

i cant remember, but is that the guy who lives in altmar? i use to drive to the guys house to buy flies and ask for reports. all you had to do was knock on his door and he had flies to sell and reports to give. cant remember his name, but was a great guy. he was an older guy and i think his son runs a guide service on the river. 

i would like to explore other tributaries. my steelhead trips were always the salmon river.