IGNORED

Doe with my bow (pics)

PV216

I went to one of my public land spots yesterday where I haven't seen many deer the last few sits. Something must have changed because there were deer everywhere. I decided to shoot this doe for some meat. The shot was 23 yards and I thought I rushed it. I waited about 45 minutes and began looking. I'm color blind so tracking can be difficult for me. I can see colors but I have a hard time seeing different colors and picking them out. I got on good blood right away. I followed what I could see for about 30 yards and then it became very spotty as I entered the laurels. I was going to back out and come back in the morning but I decided to circle around behind the laurels to a clear cut behind them. I walked the clear cut and saw nothing. Just as I was about to leave, I shined my light down the cut and saw my doe. What a relief! The shot was much better than I thought. The muzzy broadhead got the heart, and broke the opposite leg/shoulder on the exit. Those muzzys hit hard. She went about 70 yards total and I'm really happy with some fresh venison.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449578356.550823.jpg

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

gun-1_zpsa5b2d7e3.png

Looks tastey.......I'm a Muzzy guy too.

I noticed you didn't field dress her. I believe this is becoming more common. I always field dress mine right a way.

Do you mind if I ask why?

She was field dressed in the woods before this pic was taken. You just can't see the cut in this pic.[emoji106]

Thx everyone[emoji106]

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

gun-1_zpsa5b2d7e3.png