IGNORED

Food for thought on opening day of firearms season tomorrow

Not trying to pick on you but I would like to ask: if you could easily hunt for 6 days and see 1 or 2 deer total, why would you shoot a doe there? Sounds like you shouldn't be killing any in that spot.

There's alot of deer spots down in the pines like that.its like hunting maine or Canada your actually hunting woods and deer not backyard deer on small lots where the deer have no choice but to cross a certain patch of woods.sometimes yoh won't see deer sometimes you do.it doesn't mean there isn't deer it jyst means there's alot of woods and places for them to roam.some days I won't see deer sometimes I'll see 4 bucks chasing sometimes I'll see a herd come thru.th places like that are best left alone til winter bow I. My experience I actually see tons of deer in the pines come January compared to during the rut in november.

Great post Greg.

When we make decisions based on our own honest intentions, we're a lot more likely to be happy with the outcome. If you're out there hunting to prove what you can kill, or impress people, I think it will ruin the experience, may cause you to make poor choices and eventually will destroy the enjoyment of the sport.

My belief these days is for people to shoot what makes them happy, as long as we're responsibly managing the resource as well. In my opinion the resource comes first, our freezers are secondary. Find enjoyment in just being out there interacting with amazing animals. You don't have to release an arrow or send a slug to have fun in the deer woods.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

GOD I was HOPING to avoid these posts on this site. Can we all just hunt without the preaching????????????

No ones preaching. Just offering some different opinions.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

gun-1_zpsa5b2d7e3.png