IGNORED

Well . . . They were anti's . . .

Ms Grit

I would have just told them if I ever see you two A-holes again it won't end well for you. Ok I would have screamed it in their face in a maniacal sort of way. That usually works. That's the only way to deal with loons. Especially if you can fake a twitch or two while doing it.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

You handled it the best way possible. I feel bad for you. Knowing firsthand the amount of work necessary to be successful in NJ bear hunting and to now wonder what's next with these two....again, I feel bad for you. Hopefully, opening day puts one of the big bears in front of you and it drops in its tracks....

Opportunity expands in proportion to one's courage.

The only silver lining in this ordeal is that they didn't take matters into their own hands (yet) and handled it through the proper channels.

Then again another bright note is that you had all your ducks in a row and didn't have even the tiniest infraction, because you probably would have been hammered for even the dumbest crap since the anti's were present during the investigation. Which I kind of find odd.

On the other hand, this is why I F*($*ING HATE hunting in NJ. Dealing with this crap. 

Shoot a bear, then get someone else to shoot another one.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Robin,

Knowing where your bears are coming from, I think you'll be OK if/when you shoot.  And we're only a phone call or text away from helping drag one of those beasts out for you.  I like the CO's advice about making that first shot count.  If  you do, the bear will die in your woods and problem solved.  

As for hunter harassment, I don't think this reaches the legal threshold.  While annoying as Hell and setting aside for a minute their trespassing on the land you have written permission to hunt, they did not actually interfere with your legal hunting.  So no surprise the COs didn't write them up.  But that doesn't mean this is over either as you know all too well.  Just mind your Ps and Qs and you should be fine.  They are now actually on notice and not the other way around as I know the COs were pi$$ed off at that bogus sting they had to set up based just on the info the antis gave them.     

I would watch my back if I were you. Sounds like they have been watching you and knew your routine. How else would f&w know when you would be there? Especially since the two antis were there with them. I can't see them all just randomly sitting there all day long. They had to have a pretty good idea what day and time you would be there.

Their first appearance on my cameras was last Sunday afternoon and although I usually bait early afternoon, Sunday isthe only day of the week that it's the same day, other than that, it depends on the weather and if I can get one of my kids to tag along and lend a hand, but usually every 2nd or 3rd day.

Just the kind of thing you don't need. I don't know if I would have been able to be calm and collected with them or the CO's. I would hope the CO's informed them of the consequnce for hunter harassment.

I knew that I was doing absolutely nothing wrong. I saw no reason to take the situation to an elevated tenseness.  I handed the CO my license holder and let him go through everything while I politely, yet sarcastically had a few exchanges with the anti.  When he asked me not to shoot "His" bear, I asked, "So, which one is yours?" He said,"You know, the big one." I replied, "There are several big ones." Then when the anti asked my name, I looked aver at the co and in a "Blond" tone said, "I don't have to answer that, do I?" He replied, "No, you don't" so I responded, "Well, then I'm not gonna tell you." The anti's demener was really very demure, which suprised me.

You handled it the best way possible. I feel bad for you. Knowing firsthand the amount of work necessary to be successful in NJ bear hunting and to now wonder what's next with these two....again, I feel bad for you. Hopefully, opening day puts one of the big bears in front of you and it drops in its tracks...

I spent yesterday practicing and I am still 2-3 inches off dead center and that's in perfect conditions

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

The only silver lining in this ordeal is that they didn't take matters into their own hands (yet) and handled it through the proper channels.

Then again another bright note is that you had all your ducks in a row and didn't have even the tiniest infraction, because you probably would have been hammered for even the dumbest crap since the anti's were present during the investigation. Which I kind of find odd.

On the other hand, this is why I F*($*ING HATE hunting in NJ. Dealing with this crap. 

Shoot a bear, then get someone else to shoot another one.

The CO's actual words to me were, "They duped us."

And Deidre and Matthew are next in line to shoot after me.  Deidre is available after school all week, Matthew only on Saturday.

I confirmed it with the property owners son last Saturday.

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member