IGNORED

Pheasant and Quail Recipes

thefirstndsecond

Hey guys and gals,

How about some great recipes for upland birds?

This is all new for me so I am learning.

Post some links or recipes that you have cooked that have turned out great.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I make a great phez, soup. What you'll need

2) hen phez, they seem to have more fat.

1) med onion cut in half

2) cloves garlic crushed

6-10) pepper corns

1-2 tbls salt.

Put cleaned birds in pot and cover with water, add onion, salt,garlic and pepper corns.

Cook on med heat, don't let it boil, just simmer, for about an hour or so or until the birds are cooked through.

Remove birds from broth and take the meat off the bones and set aside, pour broth through a fine mesh soup strainer into another pot, put meat back into broth and add your veggies.

For veggies I like the following.

3-4) carrots sliced

1-3) fair size white carrots or parsnips.

Fresh parsley chopped, about 2 tea spoons

A few sprigs of fresh dill.

And one leek coarsely cut. On low heat add all veggies ans cook untill the carrots soften a bit. Add salt and ground pepper to taste. Enjoy!!!!

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

• 3 weeks later...

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford